If I were to buy a tv for gaming which one would it be?

p3sty

2[H]4U
Tv would be hooked up to a pc only and plays mostly fps games and I would be sitting 2-3 feet from it. Trying not to spend 1200 on a g sync monitor.

Without knowing budget probably either LG C6/E6, Samsung KS8000, or the Vizio P, in that order. All three have decent input lag outside of HDR mode. Samsung currently wins HDR gaming mode input lag but firmware updates are reportedly on the way for the other two to fix that. P series is also apparently getting firmware updates to make it 4:4:4 capable @4k. With those updates, all three are functionally very good large PC monitors that happen to be TV's. The 49" Samsung and 50" Vizio are both $<1,000. The LG is expensive but if you have the budget it's worth a look as it is basically the best TV on the market.

Yeah, the Sammy 49" KS8000 would fit the bill I would think.

49" at 2 or 3 feet? I'd say that woud be too terribly close. I'd go for 40 or 43" (which is exactly what I did and I have my 43" on my way) and for 40/43 you have a handful of options.

If you are in Europe you have the 43KS7500 or the 43XD80xx and if you are in the US you only have the 43X800D.

If you want I can show you a picture of the tv once I have it here (should arrive in a week). I currently have a 29" so the 43" is more than double in size.

Keep in mind that being so close to the screen creates problems because due to the extreme angle in which you see the edges of the screen you will see some colour shift there.

Back