Ico/SotC HD collection $25 @ Worst Buy

Tempting. Sucks that it's Best Buy, though.

I'm guessing if it can be that price on BB it will probably hit that on Amazon soon.

Guess i finally have a reason to use a 10$ reward ive had sitting around for a year.

or suggest it to amazon to match it, then you won't have to shop BB!

I bought ICO for PS2 back in the day and didn't get past a couple levels. So yet again reviews are fantastic for it and Shadow. I decide to give it another try and just like last time a few levels into ICO (never played Shadow) I'd rather be playing a PC game.

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/998181-the-ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection/index.html

So is it nostalgia for those of you who like these games because I'm not seeing the fun. Is SOC more fun than ICO?

Basically should I stick with ICO because it gets better or is it more of the same, sell it? Im just a few levels past the first queen enounter at the gate.

Never played ICO but SOC alone is worth the price of the package.

SotC is amazing on it's own. Never played ICO, heard mixed things. I believe it takes less than 5 hours to beat ICO but SotC should take you some time.

Oooh, got a 15 dollar rewardzone certificate, this game is boughten.

Haven't played either of these, but there are so many damn games out or coming out, plus the beta tests.

The wallet is willing, but the calendar is not.

I have absolutely no doubt that SoTC even a second time through is going to be better than anything that's coming out this Fall. I've been meaning to replay it forever, now's the time.

I have absolutely no doubt that SoTC even a second time through is going to be better than anything that's coming out this Fall. I've been meaning to replay it forever, now's the time.

Agreed, I have Ico/SotC on my PS2 already, but now I can play them on my PS3 with better graphics, sounds good to me.

Also, the same game maker is coming out with a new game that's similiar to these 2, it's called The Last Guardian, just thought I'd mention that as well.

perhaps, but the price isn't going to go back up and if it does won't stay up for long I imagine... so I'll give those other games a shot and see how my timeline pans out

Do these games take place in the same universe? Should one be played before the other?

Do these games take place in the same universe? Should one be played before the other?

Good questions, the only answer I can give you is that you should play them both, it doesn't really matter which one you play first, both are great experiences from start to finish.

However, they aren't games that just anybody can pick up and play, they are an acquired taste.

I missed out on playing SotC on PS2, and I've always heard it was amazing. I'd really like to buy this and play it now, but there are just far too many games coming out. I just picked up Dark Souls (awesome game btw), BF3 comes out in about 2 weeks, Uncharted 3 comes out the first week of November, Skyrim comes out November 11, Forza 4 is also out the same day (iirc), etc etc etc. I think I'm just going to have to wait a few months and maybe catch it on sale for $20 or perhaps just buy it used.

SoTC was absolutely a treat. Its one of those games where you feel like "Man, I wish more games were this original AND well done"

SoTC was absolutely a treat. Its one of those games where you feel like "Man, I wish more games were this original AND well done"

I remember feeling bad for the bosses as you killed them. Never felt like that in any game.

price-matched this at wal-mart just to keep BB from my money. felt like lesser of two evils..... oh well, good games for cheap. :D

Buy with 10%+ coupon for <$25 total

Play the game this week

Sell @ Amazon for a $24.30 gift card.. (instant gift card sale, as shown on the right side)

+effortless $1-2 profit +free entertainment for the week (video games anyways)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back