i7overclocking: BCLK settings won't hold

TotalLamer

Gawd
So no matter what I set the BCLK to in the BIOS, even just upping it from 133 to 140... it's always back to 133 whenever I load up CPU-Z. Any thoughts?

Thats a nice system it wants to be overclocked :) i hope its not something with the MSI BIOS? if they have a forum on MSI i would ask there.

Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Is there a lock somewhere (like something needing to be set to "manual" before it actually acknowledges your changes for example)?

Did you try running CPU-Z at maimum load? If you didn't turn off all the power saving options, at idle windows there is no chance you will see the 140 bclk :)

OC your system, run SuperPi, or any other stress test, with cpu-z then check if the bclk goes up :)

All power saving options are turned off, yes... when I first started fiddling with the thing, the BCLK would stay when I changed it... but I didn't want to do much overclocking until I got CrossFire working (which was a royal PITA). I updated the BIOS along the way... I'm thinking maybe the new one is screwed up? Dunno..

Back