i760 SDHC

Blackjack

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive been doing some Googleing and from what i read the original limitations for the i760 (2GB and 4 GB with a hack) have been taken care of by updating to Windows Mobile 6.1. Now, the one think I am unable to find a clear answer for is whether or not 16 or even 32 GB microSD cards will work. Also, where could i find either of these cards, i'm looking to use my phone partially as an MP3 player.

On a related note, is the built in software that comes with the phone (Windows Media Player) any good for MP3/WMA playback or is there better (preferably free) software available.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about your phone, but my sprint mogul works just fine with a 8Gb microSD card in it. Yours also uses microSD cards. Mine doesn't read NTFS - which sucks if i want to put a file bigger than 4gb on the card and have my phone see it - not possible (probably a limitation of winmo).

16GB ones were JUST released (they were announced ages ago). There aren't any 32GB ones yet (that i know of)
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=209114572&listingid=33655842&dcaid=17902
its actually a pretty damn good deal - if you don't have a sub adapter i suggest you get one with it.....the sandisk one is pretty slick.

If your phone supports SDHC (and it should), it should support all capacities. Earlier firmwares were buggy. You may want to check howardforums - there might even be some info on xda developers, but that forum more concentrates on HTC devices.

Back