i7-6700K / MSI Z170A SLI 1151 ATX Mobo / GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB DDR4 2400 - $429.99 AR - Newegg

sweet molasses I just priced an I5-4690k with a MSI mobo and 16gb DDR 1600 ram for $400, and now you're telling me I can get an i7-6700k for $30 more ?????

Not in the market just now, but it's encouraging to see deals like this getting better and better. Exactly what I WOULD do if I needed a good PC NOW.

already built an i5 skylake so not in the market, but I totally would of jumped on this if I was.

Meh, it's like "Hey, looking for a 6700K? Buy it with this cheap mobo and we'll throw in this cheap RAM"

Edit: This isn't even the "Plus" version which got good reviews here at OCP, but for the life of me I can't find anything on the vanilla version.

Last edited:
Meh, it's like "Hey, looking for a 6700K? Buy it with this cheap mobo and we'll throw in this cheap RAM"

Which is all most people need anyways, including those here on H.

Edit: Also, it is odd to me to see a board sold with no video out capability onboard.

Bah so tempting. I'm waiting for broadwell-e to release....now i'm considering this.

Last edited:

Edit: This isn't even the "Plus" version which got good reviews here at OCP, but for the life of me I can't find anything on the vanilla version.

Good deal, but I agree regarding the board/ram. I just got the Plus version of the board. Waiting on my case to arrive before doing my build.

Edit: Also, it is odd to me to see a board sold with no video out capability onboard.
If you didn't say anything, I wouldn't have thought twice to look at the board. That is incredibly surprising and without any onboard video out, the price should be cheaper.

This had me chuckle a little. Newegg might as well just have a promo to sell the processor for 300 or less and I think people would jump on just buying that by itself.

looks like it has an HDMI out to me. could be wrong though.

looks like it has an HDMI out to me. could be wrong though.
Nah, if you look on Newegg's page with their images of the product, it's a very barren I/O
13-130-902-08.jpg

Good price if you aren't gonna OC.. Other wise the B&H deal was better.

Back