i5 750 temps

yog

Limp Gawd
I'm running an i5 750 with a corsair H50. My temps are just under 60 C for each of the cores. That seems kinda high to me. What do you think of those temps? I have the radiator setup so that it is blowing air out over the radiator, should I switch it around?

If I turn the fans of the rad around should I then turn all the other fans around as well?

You want airflow going through your case ... It would be helpful to know what case you have and what fans. But i suggest a push pull fan setup on your h50 exhausting the air out of your case. 60c seems excessive but without all of the information needed would be hard to tell you what to do.. Are you overclocking? If not, yea your temps seem excessive .. Might need to check to see if its mounted correctly.

first things first. are those idle temps or load temps?

Sorry, those are load temps. I fold all the time so those are the temps all the time. I have a antec p180 case (I think, it is several years old). I have a 120mm fan on the top that is blowing air out, and then two 120 mm fans on the radiator in a push/pull configuration, also pushing air out of the case. I currently have 1 hard drive and a 460GTX in the case.

Temps are between 55 and 60. Idle is mid 30's

^^^ nothing to worry about. those temps are GREAT.

i hit 74c sometimes depending on ambient temp.

I had an I5-760 in my last build. I was using a Corsair A50 cooler. Overclocked to 3.6 with 1.168V my temps in prime95 hovered low 60s. I ran it this way for two years without any problems or instability.

Wow. I was thinking of my past experiences and I was always around 40. I always liked that a bunch. Do you think my temps would go down any if I switched my fans around? It couldn't hurt to be pushing cool air over the rad into the case, seems like it would be weird to have warm air coming out of the front of the case.

Did overclock at all? I use the same 750 +h50. The delta between idle and load at stock clocks is less than 20. When i changed the fan directions on my rad, it didn't help at all. Take it FWIW. (I have an hd 4870 blowing hot air up inside the case, but a seasonic 850 blowing hot air up outside the case)

I have 40 deg C idle and about 55 load on a stock i5 750 with an unidentified CM cpu cooler (not the 212, it has an 80mm fan).

I tried a corsair H50 with push/pull fans and the temps were comparable.

I'm not overclocking, yet... What kind of speeds are you getting and what are your temps?

I thought the H50 wasn't doing a very good job, but I guess it is.

Back