i5-4670k actual temp?

JosiahBradley

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been running prime95 in blend mode for a few hours now for a stability test. I was checking my temps and felt really proud of my setup until I looked at the hardware monitor. Intel XTU reports a core temp of 51C, NZXT is reporting a water temp of 35C; however, I have six temps listed from the hardware monitor and one is 81C!

Rgjw34u.png

What is melting? There isn't a lot of air flow over the VRMs, but there is a giant heatsink on them. The GPU idles around 30C as reported by afterburner.

Are you sure its mounted correctly?

Yes, it has been running fine for weeks, and the water temp never goes over 35C.

You have 15 C in your room?

Ambient temps are 20-21C

Just trying to narrow down what could possibly be 81C.

After stopping prime95 after a few more hours, the core temp dropped to 30C and the 81C stayed at 81C, maybe it's a bug with the temperature monitor.

Just trying to narrow down what could possibly be 81C.

Uncalibrated sensor (like the other ones I mean 3.5C does not make sense either) this may not even be connected..

maybe it's a bug with the temperature monitor.
Its a hard thing for software to get this right since there is not a standard on how to interperate the value the sensor returns.

It might be monitoring a sensor that's not even for temperature. Could be misinterpreting a voltage or RPM sensor as temps.

That looks like OpenHardwareMonitor? I have the same issue, I just hide the weird sensors.

Back