i3 3225 and Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H $155 after combo and rebate at MC

3225 seems kind of over priced from MC. For the money I think the 3570k is alot better buy considering the amount of performance that the 3570k offers.

Last edited:
Agreed. the 3570k is better long term value. But if you need to go cheap, the 3225 is a solid chip that gives up little and meets 95% of the needs out there.

Personally, I like the $30 celerons they sell for cheap builds. Throw it into a $40 z68 and its a great simple system for any use.

I bought this exact set up for my media center with ceton cable card tuner. the HD4000 is in the 3225 so it looks awesome. great dvr project.

3225 seems kind of over priced from MC. For the money I think the 3570k is alot better buy considering the amount of performance that the 3570k offers.

70 dollars is a lot of money for some people.

70 dollars is a lot of money for some people.

I understand. When a budget is made and must be kept I can understand the importance of sticking with it but if looking at performance and value and pricing the 3570k looks like a better deal.

To me the 3225 is way over priced at MC. Intel MSRP $135.00

http://ark.intel.com/products/65692/Intel-Core-i3-3225-Processor-3M-Cache-3_30-GHz

MC is barely dropping the price to $119.99 while the the MSRP of the 3570k is $235 and MC drops price to $189.99.

With the 3225 you get a locked CPU which offers limited performance while with the 3570k you get unlocked multiplier options for alot more performance ability.

3570k offers so much more... The difference is way more than $70 in the price. Intel should have made a i3-3350K for MSRP $169.99 and then the IB i3 would show some value for its performance range.

IMO i3-3225 is good deal at $99.

The i3 3225 is a great cpu and a affordable way for someone to build a decent pc while waiting for haswell

The i3 3225 is a great cpu and a affordable way for someone to build a decent pc while waiting for haswell

I think 3570k will have better resale value as well to go towards Haswell. I'm not waiting for Haswell. I'm waiting for more than Haswell. :D

To each his own I suppose but at Mc you can get a free h61 board and build a damn good htpc using the i3 3225 for really cheap

Running a 3225 now, thing is a beast, I was skeptical about it when I first bought it, being only dual core.. But eats up every game with little struggle (besides BF3)

Wouldve had a 3570k, but right when I was ordering MC raised the price from $169 to what it is now...

Might have the i3 up for grabs in a few days tho, as I do plan on stepping up to i5/i7

I love my i3 sandy, plays every game I throw at it. Considering we're at the whim of consoles its not like DX9 games are forcing us or graphics cards to really push the envelope anymore. If my sandy can do it I'm sure this would not disappoint.

Last edited:
That $70 could go to a decent case and psu. When on a budget, $70 is not "just $70".

I'm not disappointed in my i3 3225 at all. One hell of a chip for only $119 and at MC with the $50 off you can get a free h61 board which is more then enough for most people out there. It really leaves you some money to put else where like the video card or evena ssd drive

you can get the biostar h77 for almost nothing as well - for gaming and general duties the i3 is more than enough cpu -

I picked up this exact combo on Saturday, I debated the 3225 vs 3570 but decided for my purpose the HD4000 was the deciding factor. Project is a streaming box, XMBC or PLEX or some other media server and I think the 3225 will have plenty of cycles for that

Back