i1 Pro: How do I calibrate the device itself?

Geolith

Limp Gawd
The topic is not directly related to displays, but I think this is the best place to post my question. I apologize beforehand in case I'm wrong.

The device in question is unused, so the manual says to calibrate it first:

Set the software for calibration of the device and press measurement button.

I have installed the i1Profiler, the device is connected and sits on the calibration plate (with the ceramic tile exposed), the LED indicators are solid white, not pulsating, which apparently means the device needs to be calibrated. The only problem is, I can't find any device calibration options in the software, only profiling the display, printer, scanner, etc. So where is that "measurement button" which I need to press?

I have had 2 different eyeone products and both of them will 'calibrate' when you start the process. The process being.... just press the button to start your display calibration, it should go right to calibrating the device itself first.

I found it already. The button turned out to be located physically on the device. As for the calibration, it was under "Display Profiling Workflow > Measurement"

For certain reasons, I didn't want to start the profiling process right away, just wanted to calibrate the device.

OK, I got it. For some reason, I thought that calibrating the device was a separate thing, but now I see it's a part of the process: the device has to be calibrated before each measurement. Seems logical.

Back