I was told not to use the correct size pads for my RTX 2060S/2080S? Also need fans.

I have a 08G-P4-3062-KR (EVGA RTX 2060 Super SC Black ACX 3.0) and a 08G-P4-3081-KR (EVGA RTX 2080 SUPER Black)

For the 2060, the fan sometimes makes a grinding noise (Shown here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLUOB9xM-5E ) and the noise gets louder if I touch the card. I was told that the fan model this card uses is "PLA09215B12H" but I can't find a good one. Sure if I type in that number I get results, but they all appear to be knockoffs from China or used fans pulled from another card that may or may not be in good working condition. Is there any place to get good ones? Without paying something ridiculous considering this card is going for around $150 or less used these days?

But my bigger problem is the thermal pads. The 2060S isn't too bad, but the 2080S runs rather hot, and I am worried the pads might have dried out. When I asked EVGA for the measurements however I got this:

View: https://imgur.com/a/PqoRevO

That's..... a lot of differently sized pads, especially for the 2080. And due to there being multiple pads in increments of .25mm instead of .5s, it's hard to find them (especially, again, ones that aren't bootleg Chinese ones claiming to be a copy of a good brand). The only place I could find that carries them in those sizes was Kritical, but the pads for the 2060 from them would cost about 1/3rd the price of the card, and the 2080 almost what I paid for the card.

Furthermore however, to add to my confusion, I was also told "They are extra squishy. You need to find the equivalents in normal pads." and "If you buy the sizes they used it won't work. Like I said they use extra squishy pads that are not regularly available." and to start searching in forums for what sizes I would actually need, since apparently I can't use the advertised sizes due to them being "extra squishy"???

Can anyone please help me with this? What size or type of pads am I supposed to use for these cards? Can I get a set of good pads without paying nearly the price the card itself goes for used these days?

I have a 08G-P4-3062-KR (EVGA RTX 2060 Super SC Black ACX 3.0) and a 08G-P4-3081-KR (EVGA RTX 2080 SUPER Black)

For the 2060, the fan sometimes makes a grinding noise (Shown here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLUOB9xM-5E ) and the noise gets louder if I touch the card. I was told that the fan model this card uses is "PLA09215B12H" but I can't find a good one. Sure if I type in that number I get results, but they all appear to be knockoffs from China or used fans pulled from another card that may or may not be in good working condition. Is there any place to get good ones? Without paying something ridiculous considering this card is going for around $150 or less used these days?

But my bigger problem is the thermal pads. The 2060S isn't too bad, but the 2080S runs rather hot, and I am worried the pads might have dried out. When I asked EVGA for the measurements however I got this:

View: https://imgur.com/a/PqoRevO

That's..... a lot of differently sized pads, especially for the 2080. And due to there being multiple pads in increments of .25mm instead of .5s, it's hard to find them (especially, again, ones that aren't bootleg Chinese ones claiming to be a copy of a good brand). The only place I could find that carries them in those sizes was Kritical, but the pads for the 2060 from them would cost about 1/3rd the price of the card, and the 2080 almost what I paid for the card.

Furthermore however, to add to my confusion, I was also told "They are extra squishy. You need to find the equivalents in normal pads." and "If you buy the sizes they used it won't work. Like I said they use extra squishy pads that are not regularly available." and to start searching in forums for what sizes I would actually need, since apparently I can't use the advertised sizes due to them being "extra squishy"???

Can anyone please help me with this? What size or type of pads am I supposed to use for these cards? Can I get a set of good pads without paying nearly the price the card itself goes for used these days?

I would use something like K5 Pro, for the spots which need extra thin pads. Heck, you could use that for all of the spots for pads.

I was considering the K5 Pro, but there have been a lot of newer reviews and videos lately that it's actually a very bad idea to use that stuff.

I was considering the K5 Pro, but there have been a lot of newer reviews and videos lately that it's actually a very bad idea to use that stuff.
Do you mean something specific to K5Pro? Because virtually all Laptops nowadays, use similar stuff on their VRAM chips, VRMs, Inductors, etc.

There are several different brands, if K5Pro has a particular issue.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
EVGA PLA09215B12H set of 3 for 20.00 on Amazon. NNL made branded with evga logo.

My card only has two fans, what do you mean by NNL made by the way? That they are third party? Is that why the fins don't have the EVGA logo all over them?

who is telling you all this?
im only seeing 1.75 and 1.5, so get a couple good large pads of those thicknesses and cut it to size.

When I asked for help on the EVGA subreddit.

I kinda doubt the pads have dried out. You will get better performance if you buy good ones though. It runs hot moreso because it's a black variant with a smaller heatsink.

It's mostly the 2080 that runs hot, the 2060 only runs hot with the cover on the case closed.. hitting 80C while it's around 70C with the cover off. I am going to fix that problem by cutting a hole for a fan in the case's side panel. But the case my 2080 is in has a LOT of airflow (Cooler Master HAF X) and it still regularly hits 80C, which is why I am worried it's pads might be dried out. But the 2060 has a failing fan and I very likely can't take out the fan without removing the heatsink, which would mean re-applying paste, so I figured might as well replace the pads too since it's an old card and I would very likely have to take it apart to replace the fan.

It's mostly the 2080 that runs hot, the 2060 only runs hot with the cover on the case closed.. hitting 80C while it's around 70C with the cover off. I am going to fix that problem by cutting a hole for a fan in the case's side panel. But the case my 2080 is in has a LOT of airflow (Cooler Master HAF X) and it still regularly hits 80C, which is why I am worried it's pads might be dried out. But the 2060 has a failing fan and I very likely can't take out the fan without removing the heatsink, which would mean re-applying paste, so I figured might as well replace the pads too since it's an old card and I would very likely have to take it apart to replace the fan.
take it apart while its warm and the pads will probably stay in one piece and you can just reuse them.

STAY AWAY FROM k5 PRO!

K5 Pro is messy, does not clean up well, and does not perform that great at all.

Use this instead: https://www.amazon.com/UPSIREN-Processor-Replacement-Blocking-Performance/dp/B0CF383G6B?th=1

If you need more info check out Snark's Domain on youtube for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeXm95D_Lu-ypRoxa-rMcIQ
This stuff looks like a very easy to use one size fits all solution. It has no reviews on Amazon though. Looks good for someone that doesn't want to faff around with different sized pads and reading manuals etc. Just roll and press the putty to a nice chunky flat-ish piece, lay it down everywhere needed then squish the cooler on top of everything. Lol

Back