i think my barton is locked?

yusoweird

Weaksauce
i just realize that my barton maybe locked... i changed the multiplier to 11.5 x 166

when i start winxp.. it says 1.84... but when i change it back to 11x166... it says 1.83

weird... i think mine is locked... correct me if im wrong...

sounds locked...

most unlocked processors these days are the xp mobile line... i have a 2600+ mobile and can change the multiplier and see effects.

i got lucky and have an unlocked barton, xp2800+. just gotta get lucky it seems, can't really tell anymore if they're locked or not till u try em out

Devil4915 said:
i got lucky and have an unlocked barton, xp2800+. just gotta get lucky it seems, can't really tell anymore if they're locked or not till u try em out
If I remember right, anything after Week 39 of production for the bartons is when they are locked, but don't hold me to that as I think I am only thinking of the 2500+'s..

actually i have 2 barton... the first one i bought was like a dark green pcb... the second one i bought has a brown looking pcb... the one i mention earlier was the green pcb... could it be the brown one is unlocked?? its at my friends house, so i will try it someday...

it;s very odd with the week markings. peopel will say that after about weel 40 they're all locked but it's untrue. my serial number is axqca0343. which is week 43 of 03 and it's unlocked, just gotta get lucky. but general rule of thumb is anything before week liek 30 or 35 is unlocked

hey yusoweird: I did the same thing that you did. I 'thought' I unlocked my processor in my bios, so I overlclocked it a little, and booted it back up. Man the was longest boot time! :p

I get into windows and my speed is still the same.

oh well, time for 2400+M :D

Back