I think I'll do it...tonight I'm getting getting the Emachine lappy.

N

NecessaryEvil

I'm thinking -VERY- seriously about picking up that E-Machine laptop...the 6805.

I would get the 6807, but I already have an external DVD burner that would fit my needs...and I'd, sadly, end up going to best buy to pick it up (I need the system ready by Thursday).

If anyone can point me to a review, I'd appreciate it.

here's the plan.

sell off my server.
P4 2.66b, 1gb PC2100, hdds, DVD-ROM, NIC, etc.

sell off my lappy (probably on ebay)

buy the M6805 from Best Buy (should I get the extended warranty? I know that sounds like a joke, but I could foresee myself (ab)using it in the future...and since it -IS- an EMachine...)...
sell off the RAM

buy 1gb PC3200 from newegg. (it probably won't get here in time for this weekend..)

format the thing as soon as I get home, and do a custom install of XP Pro (I might be wise to ghost the original installation first..)

meh....anyone wanna give me their opinion? I can't do anything for another 12 hours..

*sigh*

i feel so dirty...lusting over an E machine!

There is a review over at genmay, in my thread there (compuglo...).

DON'T get the warranty, Emachines has one in the box, cheaper.

DON'T get the 6807, it DOES NOT have the ATi 9600, it uses the IGP, which blows.

It seems to be a good laptop, but only 2.5 hrs of battery life (not max battery setting).

thanks! I'll take a look at it!

if all goes well I'll post pics in here by 6pm Standard Time :)

I found someone who has this latop at last! Have you tried running a cpu benchmark on batteries. Both of my m6805's throttle down to 793Mhz unless I'm plugged into AC. Download AMD's dashboard utility and PLEASE let me know what results you get. I have one laptop factory restored and the other has been redone with the lastest hyperion drivers and amd driver. emachines nor amd could figure it out.

Sandra CPU test on batteries gives me around 3200 on AC 7400

This has been driving me nuts
Thanks

I ended up not buying it.

the first I one I bought, had a stuck blue pixel.

the second one I bought, had a stuck green pixel.

I returned it and got a refund. 3rd time could have been the charm, or it could have given me a red stuck pixel and par for the course.

also, in the BIOS, it detects it as an 1800mhz, not a 2000mhz.

for what it's worth to you guys...

Wow sorry to hear. Mine may have the same fate, but I'm hooked on the speed(when its plugged in)...Have two weeks to decide I guess

Originally posted by lopoetve
There is a review over at genmay, in my thread there (compuglo...).

DON'T get the warranty, Emachines has one in the box, cheaper.

DON'T get the 6807, it DOES NOT have the ATi 9600, it uses the IGP, which blows.

It seems to be a good laptop, but only 2.5 hrs of battery life (not max battery setting).

get the service plan, i am the service manager at the store in DC, the battery coverage alone will help you out.

I have an M5312...nice laptop. I wanna sell it though to get the 6805. Only had it for a week. I love it to death, but I'm sure I'll love the 6805 even more. No dead pixels for me =)

Originally posted by scatpack
Isnt "one stuck pixel" within most companies specs as being "Ok"

I'm not most companies.

I won't accept 1 bad pixel. especially within a mere 3 minutes of having the system opened up.

Nevermind the fact I ahd a 3 year service plan, and could foreseeably run the system with a bad pixel for that long.

if I'm shelling out 2k on something, it'd better fucking work right the first time.

it didn't work the 2nd time either.

Back