I scored a Bioshock PC Limited Edition without preordering!

mentok1982

Supreme [H]ardness
There are so many thoughts running through my mind right now. I feel like I have won a
prestigious award. So to begin, I would like to thank Satan, my lord and master for
making this possible.

I only found out a few days ago that EB/Gamestop was the only place where one could buy
the Limited Editions of Bioshock. When I learned that horrifying truth, I also learned that they
were no longer taking preorders for them. I was crestfallen and also...sad.

So today I decided to use my 1 hour lunch break to attempt to find a copy of the PC Limited
Edition that had not been preordered by someone.

Store 1:
After waiting for the closest Gamestop to open for a few minutes, I was told they did not have
any available copies of Bioshock for the PC. They directed me down the road a few blocks
to another store that did not have what I was seeking.

Store 2:
But at the second store the clerk decided to call another newer more upscale Gamestop.
The Gamestop person from the upscale store said he might have what I was looking for and
he said he would call us back in five minutes after he had finished helping a customer. 5
minutes later he called back and confirmed that he had a spare copy of the Limited Edition
Bioshock for the PC. The store clerk in front of me gave the other Gamestop guy my name
and I raced over to the third store to claim my prize.

Store 3:
I thanked the employee profusely and after observing the mint condition of my big daddy
figurine I asked the clerk if he knew about 2K's figurine replacement program. Believe it or
not, he did know about it and he even new some details that I did not recall. Not only is his
store kick ass, but he was also on the ball. Bitchin'!

The moral(s):
If you dream it, you can achieve it!
Never give up, never surrender!
Hard work and patience will often pay off for you.
Drugs are bad.

heh. I just picked up my limited edition. The big daddy is cool. Way better built than I thought it would be.

ok, well I just got back from my local EBgames and grabbed my limited edition bioshock for the PC :p:p

I couldn't believe the store hadn't been open for moe than 5 minutes and there was already a small line for the game. I managed to get the last limited edition copy for the PC as most of them were pre-ordered and our store didn't get very many.

Now all I have to do is wait another 7 hours before I can go home and install it

EDIT: I just opened my LE copy up, did anyone else notice it smelt like a fresh carved pumpkin? lol mabey im just a little to excited?

Did I miss something here? People are freaking out over the LE because of a toy? Anyone wana clue me in on why this thing is so special?

the only thing that disapointed me about the Big Daddy figure are the port holes for his eyes :( There the exact same colour as his helment I think they should have painted them red like when he's hostile or atleast make them a different shade. Oh well some modleing paint and a brush and I'll have it fixed lol.

the only thing that disapointed me about the Big Daddy figure are the port holes for his eyes :( There the exact same colour as his helment I think they should have painted them red like when he's hostile or atleast make them a different shade. Oh well some modleing paint and a brush and I'll have it fixed lol.

I was thinking the same thing..Which color to go with..Ill probably do red..

ya im probably gonna go with a nice red, make him look good and mean as he is the newest addition to my computer desk buddies lol

Did I miss something here? People are freaking out over the LE because of a toy? Anyone wana clue me in on why this thing is so special?
The insanity grows... There's an X-Box edition of BioShock with the Big Daddy figure on eBay. Bidding is already at $124 for the stupid thing!!

Back