I Need Help...very Urgent

wayne

2[H]4U
can anyone tell me about the overclockability of this board? GA-8I848P-L
some gigabyte motherboard

i m ordering this for a friend whos overclocking and we need a good board so can anyone give me sum heads up on this and tell me wut it can do or find me some reviews?...becus i tried searching this board for reviews but nothing came up

please tell me fast because i m ordering either tonite or tomoro morning
thanks

any help please?...or comments?... even if u didnt use this board, at least post sumthing..PLEASE,,, i m so desperate rite now

Hello i really cant recomend a gigabyte mainboard for overclocking they are meant to be stable and run mostly at default most of the nforce giga's ive seem have had the south bridge replaced with a crappy non mcp-t nvidia chip and even still if i was your friend i would anty up for a abit/asus nforce 2 board!

Yeah, Gigabyte is great, but only if you don't OC. If you want a good OC'ing P4 board for a good price, check out Abit's IS7-E. Pretty low on features, but it's one of the most popular budget OC boards. AFAIK, all the i848P boards that have hit have been dismal on OC features and results.

I am not a fan of the 848P as a chipset.

It appears your pal is ona budget,and going to spend 200 on a processor, which makes no sense to waste in a $60 with an inferior chipset.

I'd rather see you go with an Athlon 2500/2600 Barton with a nice nF2 motherboard of some sort, and you'll have cash to spare.

any other P4 socket 478 boards that are around the price ranges of 60 to 75 that u guys hav used and gotten good overclocks with?

please post...thanks

id get the DFI ultra infinity... it has the most tweaks ive seen on an nf2 board.

Back