I love bees

that timers been done forever, 15 days id say, on another page theres a timer and theres still 2 hours till "axons go hot"?!?!?!?!
under that there is a list of numbers big huge numbers, "coincidentally" they are all coordinates that fall in the us. So maybe something happens on these spots of the map that is halo 2 related, ill check it out when i wake up, lol i dont even own an xbox and im interested.

Pvt. Potter said:
that timers been done forever, 15 days id say, on another page theres a timer and theres still 2 hours till "axons go hot"?!?!?!?!
under that there is a list of numbers big huge numbers, "coincidentally" they are all coordinates that fall in the us. So maybe something happens on these spots of the map that is halo 2 related, ill check it out when i wake up, lol i dont even own an xbox and im interested.

axons are parts of nerves...not sure about the significance of that...

Halo 2 demo OXM.....allegedly

rumors galore

my boss already asked me to use my break this morning to go to Fry's and see if they have any.

but a lot of the gps coordinates are EB shops, I think. So maybe only at EB? I don't know.

Well I'm at work and most of the game sties are blocked, so I was wondering if anyone went to these gps locations yet and what was the deal. Some times have already passed.
I mapped out the coordinates at work for the Los Angeles area if anyone cares.

17:47 PDT 33.807336 -117.915131 On Harbor, near Katella
11:23 PDT 33.781590 -117.891660 off Garden Grove, near Fairview
10:08 PDT 34.077075 -118.389788 on Beverly, near Santa Monica Blvd
16:03 PDT 34.183148 -118.311792 off San Fernando Blvd, near Magnolia
16:07 PDT 34.107226 -117.729117 Foothill, between Towne and Indian Hill
16:11 PDT 34.071102 -118.359091 on 3rd St, near Fairfax
16:15 PDT 34.075197 -118.438627 off Sunset, near Beverly Glen
17:15 PDT 34.184767 -118.315516 San Fernand Blvd, near Magnolia Blvd
17:39 PDT 34.101652 -118.341436 on Hollywood Blvd, between Highland and La Brea

as you can see, a couple of these times were this morning.

ok, looks like it's an ongoing thing throughout the day to a whole puzzle. I won't ruin it for anybody, but it's pretty cool.

They are pay phones.

From Shacknews:
What's happening: Payphones at the locations are being called. A question is asked, 'what is my name', the correct answer is 'operator', then 'what is your name', wanting the code for that location from the page. The website is then updating saying 'axon hot' for those locations. When two locations in a group of six are 'hot' a wav file is linked on the page.

i got a bunch of wave files, but have to wait until i get home to listen to them

odoe said:
Well I'm at work and most of the game sties are blocked, so I was wondering if anyone went to these gps locations yet and what was the deal. Some times have already passed.
I mapped out the coordinates at work for the Los Angeles area if anyone cares.

17:47 PDT 33.807336 -117.915131 On Harbor, near Katella
11:23 PDT 33.781590 -117.891660 off Garden Grove, near Fairview
10:08 PDT 34.077075 -118.389788 on Beverly, near Santa Monica Blvd
16:03 PDT 34.183148 -118.311792 off San Fernando Blvd, near Magnolia
16:07 PDT 34.107226 -117.729117 Foothill, between Towne and Indian Hill
16:11 PDT 34.071102 -118.359091 on 3rd St, near Fairfax
16:15 PDT 34.075197 -118.438627 off Sunset, near Beverly Glen
17:15 PDT 34.184767 -118.315516 San Fernand Blvd, near Magnolia Blvd
17:39 PDT 34.101652 -118.341436 on Hollywood Blvd, between Highland and La Brea

as you can see, a couple of these times were this morning.

ok, looks like it's an ongoing thing throughout the day to a whole puzzle. I won't ruin it for anybody, but it's pretty cool.

You should post this under the "You know you're a gamer when" thread. When you have the GPS coordinates of your favorite game stores. :D

Wow these WAV files are odd. Sounds like audio from a futuristic type movie...

Obviously Halo 2 dialogue. Dude this is crazy. I am getting all excited now to find out what the hell is going on.

Yeah I know it is obvious I am just too excited to be boring about it.

When starting a new thread, it helps to explain what it's about. Not everyone follows Halo 2 closely enough to know that "I Love Bees" is a reference to a metagame being played on the web. It took a few posts for me to figure out what was being talked about and I'm sure 66% the rest of the forum doesn't either.

This reminds me of that game that was real popular a few years ago, where you would get messages in voice mail and off pages that would give you clues to a bigger mystery. That was a real cool idea.

I think Tycho of Pennyarcade is a regular visitor of ilovebees.com, he posts his thoughts about the matter once in a while.

Here's another site with some info: Netninja Bee Log

odoe said:
This reminds me of that game that was real popular a few years ago, where you would get messages in voice mail and off pages that would give you clues to a bigger mystery. That was a real cool idea.
Majestic.

There was another one more recently that involved rigged Google searches and such, but it didn't hold up well as people posting hints and spoilers wrecked the rigging.

So what is the next thing that will happen? since there is no countdown anymore

this is so awesome...
its like the secret words that were red in the A.I. trailer. I never did it, but how it started one of the big internet game things, you would get faxes and secret wierd stuff like that.

I get an HTTP 400 error (Bad Request) on the first.
//edit: not that it really matters or anything.

Well after listening to the .wavs I explored the site

Got some more transcript from hidden links
==============================================
ttp://www.ilovebees.com/surg.!store.primary.sector.mem.dmg.1.3.html

Midshipman Arrelts: "Was that what you were thinking?" ONI tech Kowalski: (coughs) Anyway, she shouldn't feel that slowness through Nav & Comm. anymore.
Midshipman Arrelts: Great. You know what they say: Happy ship -
ONI tech Kowalski: - happy crew. Yeah. (coughs) Yeah, I know a lot of about these systems.
Midshipman Arrelts: That's great, what with it being your job and all.
ONI tech Kowalski: fr'instance - know what the single
them, Rolf. Even Admirals have to earn their pay.

[SPDR: PROBE COMPLETE]
[RESUME CONTROL]

going to pay DAMN IT It's like being strapped into a chair with your eyes

=================================================
Then I couldn't find anywhere to go from here:

http://www.ilovebees.com/surg.!store.primary.sector.mem.dmg.0.3.html

==================================================
The ship crews conversation sound like either the ship or A.I. on the ship was slowed down by something which they cleared up

The whole beas, humans and god theme seems very similar to covenant, humans and forerunner halo theme...hints that the humans will win and the covenant will die for stinging us and that we have worked together

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's easy to get lost because no one really established (other than myself) that "I Love Bees" is a promotion intended to hype and promote Halo 2. The phrase appeared in a video for Halo 2, which lead to a website, which lead to other clues to be found.

It's just a little game to keep fans busy so they don't email the developer asking for a release date. Wish I thought of it when I was developing.

Torgo said:
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's easy to get lost because no one really established (other than myself) that "I Love Bees" is a promotion intended to hype and promote Halo 2. The phrase appeared in a video for Halo 2, which lead to a website, which lead to other clues to be found.

It's just a little game to keep fans busy so they don't email the developer asking for a release date. Wish I thought of it when I was developing.
Oh so ur talking to urself here now, Hmmmm.... if im not mistaken, i got some posts here that are obviously halo2 related...

I hate bees I got stung by one on my foot about a hour ago...wait bees is this bee bee bees, be what ? hell I dont know all I know is i dont like be bes bees beez beezies ... wait oh ya bee hmmm actually it was a wasp so I dont like waspees waspers whoppers wait oh ya now I remember...no ... ya... no oh hell with it.... takes another bee hit.

Pvt. Potter said:
Oh so ur talking to urself here now, Hmmmm.... if im not mistaken, i got some posts here that are obviously halo2 related...
Sorry, I missed your post pointing out the correlation between I Love Bees and Halo 2. Oh, you didn't post one. Huh, neither did anyone else. I guess that would make me right then.

Everyone just assumed that anyone wandering into the thread would have automatically known I Love Bees is a front for Halo 2. Go ahead, quote me the post (other than mine) that says, "I Love Bees is about Halo 2". odoe comes close and there are posts to I Love Bees, but no one comes out and makes it crystal clear.

Back