I finally beat KOTOR - how long did it take you?

Originally posted by Torgo
Beat it light side and got the girl at the end. Is it possible to go dark and also keep Bastila at your side? Hey, if I'm Master of the Galaxy I need to be able to relax somehow.

Kind of. It was kind of disappointing ending. I was hoping to see two Jedis shag. Imagine the fireworks!

I enjoy making Bastila run around w/o clothing. Whoever designed these models have the right idea of a perfect female body.

Do we ever find out what happened to Malak's face? Or did it just half fall off coz he's so evil...

Originally posted by dderidex
So, who all opened the box from Korriban?

That was seriously fun - and unexpected, too.

Yeah, that was pretty cool. I liked the history of it more, it and the sandpeople history tied the entire universe together.

Did anyone waste their Krayt Dragon pearl for their history, it was really interesting.

Originally posted by Caelum Atra
Yeah, that was pretty cool. I liked the history of it more, it and the sandpeople history tied the entire universe together.

Did anyone waste their Krayt Dragon pearl for their history, it was really interesting.
I did and then did a quick restore. It wasn't worth losing the pearl to hear all that. I was rather surprised to learn so much about the history of the Star Wars universe from playing the game.

Ah the Age old "How long did it take you to beat KOTOR" thread...

It's really not a race, times like 16 Hours (All Side Quests Completed) are bull, you can't finish the game that quickly and complete everything...Even in the 20's and 30's...To complete all side quests and play the game the way it was meant to be played takes 45 - 55 hours...Simple...I'll go ahead and post times anyway...

LOL, lemme see, first time on XBOX 35 Hours 7 Minutes (Light Ending), 2nd time 55 Hours 13 Minutes (Dark Ending)( Now that's a time in which everything is completed), 3rd 26 Hours 5 minutes (To Test for Third Ending), 4th time, 51 Hours 17 Minutes (Light Ending with everything completed)...

On PC...46 Hours 29 Minutes (Dark)...and that's it...

Put in a lot of time on that game, just realizing how much...LOL...Carry on...

I liked the history of it more, it and the sandpeople history tied the entire universe together.

Did anyone waste their Krayt Dragon pearl for their history, it was really interesting

Oh, now, that's news to me.

Something to do with Iziz? Or, totally off base here? (Still haven't been to Kashyyk or Manaan with any of my characters yet!)

Originally posted by DubOSv10
It's really not a race, times like 16 Hours (All Side Quests Completed) are bull, you can't finish the game that quickly and complete everything...Even in the 20's and 30's...To complete all side quests and play the game the way it was meant to be played takes 45 - 55

WOW, that is so amazingly wrong, if you play it slower man, thats cool, no problem, but when I beat it in 14hr 38min (about 80 quests total I think) I force ran EVERYWHERE, it was on my 6th play through, I didnt need to hear everyones words I could just click and skip it cause I already knew what they were going to say. I didnt need to explore, I knew where EVERYTHING was, I beat all the swoop races in 1 try (well, I guess 3, or 1 per tier). I cast force speed before I got into the enviro suit and it didnt go away when I got in it, so I was running faster underwater, that didnt work with the spacesuit BTW. Sunry was aqquitted because I knew how all the judges would repsond to each of my questions/ Because I knew where everything was, and what to say to everyone, and all the quests tied in locations....I didnt have to go back repeatedly to the same planets, I didnt have to go back to Kashyyk to get the shape shifter, I got as many quest initiates for a planet going before I actually visited the planet. I talked to my characters contantly. Like before you get the Tattooine star map, talk to bastilla enough to talk about her mom then you get the datapad and go see her mom who wants the holocron, talk to mission about her brother, the Czerka about him, then Aziz, then when you go to the Enclave, you complete the Griff quest, Iziz quest and pretty much the Star map quest and the holocron for her mom is sitting right next to the map. Thats just one example of how to save time.

Its easier than you think to do it fast, if you cant figure out in more than one play through how to do it quickly, thats your own damn fault, that doesnt make me a liar

Originally posted by dderidex
Something to do with Iziz? Or, totally off base here?

No, when you give the Chieftan a Krayt dragon pearl (that he TAKES from your inventory, so save before you do it, cause its not useful to the game, its just interesting) he says that you are worthy enough to hear the history of their clan, and people, and it ties a lot of the game together, along with the box you get from the Rodian on Korriban, that does too, but the history of the sandpeople is actually a peak into the history of the star wars universe. I dont want to spoil it for you, but heres what you need to do...go to the enclave, save it right before you WOULD give him the Krayt dragon pearl, dont save over that game, beat the game, then reload that save game and find out some additional history, its interesting to say the least.

And if anyone plays through it again, put as many points to repair as you can, because you can repair HK-47 3 times to make him an even bigger badass, plus he tells you about his former owners which is also kind of interesting. And repairing him gets 1st time: +2 dex, 2nd time: +1 Regen/sec (or something like that), 3rd time +2 dex, so he's pretty awesome when you do all that

And if anyone plays through it again, put as many points to repair as you can, because you can repair HK-47 3 times to make him an even bigger badass, plus he tells you about his former owners which is also kind of interesting. And repairing him gets 1st time: +2 dex, 2nd time: +1 Regen/sec (or something like that), 3rd time +2 dex, so he's pretty awesome when you do all that
Which opens a plot hole later on. When the big secret about you is revealed, HK-47 will state that his programming is now restored and no further repairs are necessary. So why didn't he get all those bonuses as a result of that? Oops. Designers should have explained it better.

I dont know, and you also cant repair him after the secret if you havent already. He explains that he was damaged each time you fix him in the previous owners hands, and thats what youre repairing, hence the bonuses. But youre right, if he left out that statement that no more repairs are necesarry, merely that his original protocal has been recalled, that would have fixed it. Or just let you fix him after the secret would have done it

LOL, I really could care less about discussing the formalities with you, I don't believe you, that's my choice, considering you cannot use Force Run for a good part of the game takes away your credibility right there...It's not a race was my point, so a bunch of Hour, Minute times don't count, even if you did beat it quickly (which would make NO sense), you are ruining the game my friend, you pay $50 (If you had respect enough to pay), just to go through it like it doesn't exist, ah...The Definition of a Casual Gamer to me...You play the game for enjoyment, it's not a MP game, you enjoy it not compete with it...

Who are you trying to impress? LOL...

No, when you give the Chieftan a Krayt dragon pearl (that he TAKES from your inventory, so save before you do it, cause its not useful to the game, its just interesting) he says that you are worthy enough to hear the history of their clan, and people, and it ties a lot of the game together, along with the box you get from the Rodian on Korriban, that does too, but the history of the sandpeople is actually a peak into the history of the star wars universe. I dont want to spoil it for you, but heres what you need to do...go to the enclave, save it right before you WOULD give him the Krayt dragon pearl, dont save over that game, beat the game, then reload that save game and find out some additional history, its interesting to say the least.

Easier option. After you've heard the entire history, question the history. The storyteller doesn't enjoy having their history questioned, and attacks you. You can then slaughter the entire village, get the pearl back (plus a ton of sellables) and you take no dark-side points for it :)

sounds like a cool game ..I guess I'm going to have to buy this sucker now ...darn

Back