I dun messed up good

FearTheCow

Supreme [H]ardness
I rearranged my Molex connectors due to having to use a new modular cable for my sonar dx. I didn't notice that one of the pins had gotten dislodged from the 2 fans on my h60..... I was in the middle of a bf3 match and heard a clicking sound, it was my poor h60 overheating :'(. My computer now boots for about 30 seconds before thermal protection kicks in. Looks like I am headed to fry's in the morning for an h100. I sure will miss that h60, its been really good to me the last 8 months.

I take it the pump decided to take a dive? I'd look at the Antec 620 or 920. They have gotten some really great reviews.

Im using an H80 on medium with my I7 - 3930K @ 4.5ghz. That means its cooling well over 400watts of CPU at 100%. It does fine and the temps never get that high.

This H80 is a crutch cooler until the XSPC raystorm ships their socket 2011 fix it kit. Then my H80 is up for grabs here. And its brand new too.

I picked up the h100 from fry's for $109+tax, the h60 was good to me so I wanted to stay with corsair.

I picked up the h100 from fry's for $109+tax, the h60 was good to me so I wanted to stay with corsair.

Awesome. Be careful they dont leak though. Corsair uses water and engine coolant mix which will zap electronics if it leaks.

Be careful they dont leak though. Corsair uses water and engine coolant mix which will zap electronics if it leaks.

Please don't post FUD.

They're both using water-based coolant, are they not? 'Non-conductive' water doesn't stay that way once it starts picking up dust and other contaminates off your hardware.

Back