I completely missed the memo

movax

2[H]4U
I completely missed the memo. 8-pin ATX12V connector now as opposed to 4-pin? Haven't built a rig since a P4C-Canterwood, and I just replaced my DS3 with an order for a P5N32 and noticed its got the 8-pin connector.

Do I need a new PSU, or will its 4-pin connector cut it decently. System is an OC'd E6420 (well, it will be once I get a decent motherboard in :rolleyes:), 2GB Ballistix, 7300GS, and 2 HDDs. Current is a True Blue 480 I believe.

You don't NEED the 8-pin 12V EPS connector to run a C2D processor, beware that the Motherboard will be needing a 24 pin MB plug, if your PSU has that it should be serviceable.

As it is most of the MBs that have the 8pin 12V connector also have a plug blocking half the connector so that you can insert the normal 4pin 12V into the remaining half of the connector.

Oh, it's an EPS connector as well? Huh, didn't know that those were appearing now on non-server boards. So a normal 4-pin in addition to the regular 24pin should be just fine even for an OC'd C2D system?

Oh, it's an EPS connector as well? Huh, didn't know that those were appearing now on non-server boards. So a normal 4-pin in addition to the regular 24pin should be just fine even for an OC'd C2D system?

Which revision True Blue is it?

Back