I can't get her to boot at all.

Budman

I put the Bad in Bad Grandpa!
I have a PC I built for a friend about 1-1/2 yrs ago. It's got an ASUS P5B MB with an Intel E6300 proc. BFG 7900OTC video card & an Enermax EG495P-VE 485w power supply. It's been working fine till about a week ago. Now you turn it on & you get nothing. The fans spin & everything looks normal but I never get anything to show up on the screen. Here's what I have done so far. 1st thing was to reset the CMOS/BIOS with no luck. Then I swapped out the vid card with an Nvidia 7600 with no results. I then removed the MB out of the case & tried to boot outside of the case, still nothing. I took off the stock heatsink & reseated the proc & reinstalled the heatsink & tried it again, still no good. I then tried another power supply with no results either. I have ran out of ideas & I think the MB is bad. I don't have another proc to try as I'm all AMD here. Can anybody think of something I've missed?

Unplug all drives, pull all PCI cards, you can even try removing the video card and boot if none of this will even let computer POST (beep sound) you'll have it down to 1)CPU 2)RAM 3)MOBO.

Also if you unplug all the drives and it does boot it may be PSU failing.

Sounds like you've done a good job of troubleshooting man. I definately think its either the mobo or the cpu.

However I didnt see that you have tried booting up with only 1 stick of RAM. Its a long shot but try to boot up with each stick of RAM independently and see what happens. Most likely the board or cpu is toast though.

Back