I bought this LED f for $129.99. Need your thoughts

Hanif

Limp Gawd
Good deal? Check it out:

Acer S232HL, 23" Ultra-Slim Widescreen LED Monitor, 1920x1080, 2ms(GtG), 12M:1(ACM), VGA, DVI and HDMI (w/HDCP)
http://canadacomputers.com/product_i...item_id=042672

The sales guys recommended it because of the value you get. I am using it for gaming and desktop stuff. It seems decent. Never thought I'd buy an Acer before though! Now I am thinking of returning it since the colors look a little washed out and pick up this instead for $159.99: LG IPS226V-PN, 22" IPS LED Monitor, 1920x1080, 5ms, 5m:1(DCR), VGA, DVI-D, HDMI

What do you think?

Returned the acer and got the LG IPS LED..amazing quality difference but the LG has severe backlight bleeding on the left edge....crap..is there any way to get rid of it?

Nope, but you could return it, get another one and hope for the best i guess.

If you aren't unknowingly exaggerating then it's an improper backlight install,

exchange

emanuel: broken images...

the backlight bleeding is still there after turning down the brightness from 100% to 10%..just a little less apparent...it plagues the entire borders of the whole damn screen! It's more rampant in the left hand side...I think its defective.I am hesitant to exchange for the same monitor now :S

So I was able to exchange the LG IPS226V-PN, 22" IPS LED for another brand new one without restocking fee and the new one looks alot better. There is alot less bleeding but it is still apparent in the bottom left but not as rampant. I am keeping the monitor :)

Back