I Bought The Samsung 275Tplus

Draziom

Limp Gawd
it should come on monday, when i get this monitor what else should i check for besides dead or stuck pixels?

Backlight bleed is something you'll wanna look for as well. Other than that, you should be good to go.

don't all LCD monitors have backlight bleed? and whats the best way to check if its excessive?

Dietrich is the bleed something noticable? How do I find out? I have a 275T and I wanna get the PLUS (I have instant product replacement)

Just in general its a good thing to look for on any LCD. If it bugs you while playing a dark game or watching a dark movie, then it is too much.

I don't know if the 275T or 275T Plus have problems or not. Haven't heard either way.

how do you check for backlight bleed?

Set your computer up with an all black background and view it in a dark room. The screen will be dark gray rather than black, due to normal backlight bleed. If the dark gray is not uniform accross the screen then you have a problem.

This: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1266885&page=7
is what you do not want. I have not herd of any Samsungs having this issue, but you should check it anyway.

You may want to get a program that checks for dead pixels and rrun that too.

Enjoy your monitor

Dave

don't all LCD monitors have backlight bleed? and whats the best way to check if its excessive?

Yes...what you're looking for is screen uniformity wrt to both BL bleed and colour uniformity......I've seen bl bleed on every PC monitor{HDTV LCD are in a different league}......but make sure your judgement is based on how your LCD performs with pics, games, DVD, etc, don't be put off by the existence of blbleed, otherwise you'll send them all back.

I watched T3 last night on 9HD.....yeah, yeah!!!, but I can see backlight bleed on my LCD, although it's quite uniform, so why would I care considering how well my LCD actually displays stuff:confused::confused:

Viewing this forum is a good test for screen uniformity...also, dynamic contrast ratio's will most likely effect blbleed whilst you're actually watching something other than a barren screen.

Cmon Draziom, spill the beens, what is your new purchase like, what are your thoughts on your new 275t plus.
thx.

Cmon Draziom, spill the beens, what is your new purchase like, what are your thoughts on your new 275t plus.
thx.

I think the shock of getting a good panel, minimal backlight bleed, great response time and input lag was too much for him to handle. :)

I think the shock of getting a good panel, minimal backlight bleed, great response time and input lag was too much for him to handle. :)

No; he is busy replaying every game he has like it is new again.

He will come up for air sooner or later.

Dave

Yea he does seem to have disappeared of the radar, good for him, I hope he is enjoying it.

Could you check if there is option to choose something like 1:1 or aspect ratio or just scan?

i got a 275t+ a couple days ago. i didn't see an option for 1:1 but it does have 4:3 which is useful for games that dont support widescreen or that would otherwise stretch it.

it has no bleeding that i can see (and i really hate backlight bleeding). colors are great. 1 dead pixel. the black level is awesome.

so far i've come to realize that gaming on a 27" is too big for me. before this i used a 906bw

i haven't done any objective rt or lag tests..i dont have a crt here to test it against. if you guys have any other questions let me know ;)

thx.

275tplus is a beautiful monitor and well worth. the colors are good and the screen size is perfect for me. this monitor is one of the best right now. for mass market LCD monitors the best of the best is Samsung and DELL.

i got a 275t+ a couple days ago. i didn't see an option for 1:1 but it does have 4:3 which is useful for games that dont support widescreen or that would otherwise stretch it.

it has no bleeding that i can see (and i really hate backlight bleeding). colors are great. 1 dead pixel. the black level is awesome.

so far i've come to realize that gaming on a 27" is too big for me. before this i used a 906bw

i haven't done any objective rt or lag tests..i dont have a crt here to test it against. if you guys have any other questions let me know ;)

i got 1 dead pixel too. are you gonna RMA it or keep it?

im gonna send it back because it's too big! my line of vision is like just above halfway up the monitor..so i have to look up to see the top 1/3

its a big monitor and its beautiful. i want to send it back for a 245T but this is also very beautiful as well. its hard for me to decide. i will need a few days. the 27 inch is very beautiful i really like it.

its a big monitor and its beautiful. i want to send it back for a 245T but this is also very beautiful as well. its hard for me to decide. i will need a few days. the 27 inch is very beautiful i really like it.

Don't do it unless it's in your line of sight....I've got a couple but didn't even notice them till a week or so later when I dead pixel buddied it......but they're out the way, so no way am I sending mine back when everything else works perfectly.

i gotta RMA this thing. its a beautiful monitor and the money i paid for it i deserve a spotless screen. the more people who RMA the more LCD manfacturers will polish up their manufacturing defects.

Your choice, but you risk getting one with another defect of some sort.......it's not your job to save the world, it's your job to play Crysis at 1920x1200:D;)

Your choice, but you risk getting one with another defect of some sort.......it's not your job to save the world, it's your job to play Crysis at 1920x1200:D;)

i'm pretty hardheaded and when i bring this back and if i have another dead or stuck pixel its gonna be another RMA # 4. i'm gonna keep doing this until they get it right. Samsung isa good company and their manfucaturing should have EXCELLENT quality control bar none. the more people RMA things back this will teach the company a lesson to put more effort in quality control of LCD panels which is important for a clean screen. this is why we pay money on this merchandise. OUR hard earned MONEY. its time to put Samsung in check.

NK when I have an all black background from some angles it has bleeding at all 4 corners kind of like a tapered beam going out from each corner into the middle.
also sometimes when I restart the USB isn't detected on the monitor

hi i don't know if mine has 1:1 pixel mapping. check with this test and let me know if it has 1:1 pixel mapping. and get back to me. thanks. http://tft.vanity.dk/

Back