I am tired of NVIDiA hardware

GunzofNavarone

Limp Gawd
This PHYSX crap they pushing IS BUGGYYYY

all my games crash with that crap enabled.... its frustrating....

and no i am not a rookie... i been at this for years

Ati will get my business from now on...

FANBOIS attack at will...i dont care...

i don't what you are talking about, i have the lastest video games and don't any problems with the CUDA stuff
what games are causing you problems?

i don't what you are talking about, i have the lastest video games and don't any problems with the CUDA stuff
what games are causing you problems?

mirrors edge..... crashes with phsyx enabled
fallout 3 crashes
SOURCE engine games run fine. no problems there

This PHYSX crap they pushing IS BUGGYYYY

all my games crash with that crap enabled.... its frustrating....

and no i am not a rookie... i been at this for years

Ati will get my business from now on...

FANBOIS attack at will...i dont care...

cool_story_bro.jpg

fallout 3 crashes

get the Mirror's Edge patch, it fixes the Phsyx crashes.

Fallout 3 (which doesn't use CUDA btw) crashes?? join the club :rolleyes:
that game will crash, i would worry if it doesn't crash :D
nah, i reckon you have a quad core? there is a way to fix that too, check out TweakGuides for more info
if you have mods installed, that is another issue

So go buy an ATI product :rolleyes:

I've had no issues with Physx crashing things, don't know what to tell you on that.

fallout 3 crashes

Fallout 3 doesn't use PhysX...

Why are you blaming PhysX, for something totally unrelated ? Wait...I know the answer...

Fallout 3 doesn't use PhysX...

Why are you blaming PhysX, for something totally unrelated ? Wait...I know the answer...

i didnt know if fallout 3 uses it or not... i just know they crash in the exact same way.

and i know fallout 3 is a buggy game....

So go buy an ATI product :rolleyes:

I've had no issues with Physx crashing things, don't know what to tell you on that.

i think all the video clips hardlocking my machine based on my PRIOR nvidia 750i chipset has soured me on the company as a whole.... ever played the NVIDIA RUSSIAN ROULETTE game with youtube videos?

i went overboard...

nah, i reckon you have a quad core? there is a way to fix that too, check out TweakGuides for more info

thanks bro.... i have accpeted that FALLOUT 3 has a parental control that locks tthe game when it feels you have played enough

fallout 3 crashes

I have a GTX 260 as well and Mirror's Edge didn't crash on me once with PhysX enabled. I had the patch though. Fallout 3 crashed a ton, but it crashed a ton on my 4870 as well, it is just a buggy game.

Running two different 750i boards here EVGA and a Asus P5N-D and they work perfect???? Must be user error :rolleyes:

Im Just playing I hate my 750i board also, has horrible v-droop buts its not to bad after updated bios and v-droop mod. Mirrors just needs the patch and Fallout 3 has what 37,000 bugs in it LOL, and source is well source its a good running engine.

fallout 3 crashes
I laughed out loud when I read this. I mean, Fallout 3? Crashing? NO! Can't be! Bethesda games don't ever crash!

So, realistically speaking, you're having one PhysX-related issue with one game, so you're off the NVIDIA boat entirely. Be prepared for some real fun when you hop over to the AMD side ;)

The funny thing is, never on xp did FO3 crash for me. Not one single time, yet I hear so many have trouble with it even now. Wonder if it is a vista thing?

Last edited:
Fallout 3 crashed a ton, but it crashed a ton on my 4870 as well, it is just a buggy game.
Or you've got a driver, codec, or other issue causing it. Codec packs are known to screw with both Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

No Fallout 3 crashes here on Windows Vista 64bit :D

No crash in Fallout 3 here also... and I played it fully 2 times, and seen almost every grain of sand on the map. :)

ATI 4870X2 + 4870 1GB with Vista 64. I don't remember the last time I had a crash/freeze in a game or BSOD in the last 6 months with that set-up. :) And I bought and played over 40 games in the last 6 months. :)

Uhm I have the same mobo as you OP (P5Q-E) and have an 8800GT that has ran for a long time 100% stable with everything, and I always have PhysX on. Fallout 3 does crash sometimes but that happens to everyone. I am not really an nVidia fan boy either, infact my next car is going to be an ATI card for other reasons, but man it sounds like you just have some other problems with your computer.

The funny thing is, never on xp did FO3 crash for me. Not one single time, yet I hear so many have trouble with it even now. Wonder if it is a vista thing?

no, it's a gamebryo engine problem. Oblivion and fallout 3 both have pretty severe crashing/performance issues with certain hardware configurations (i've had just as many problems with vista as I have with xp in those titles). It's a great engine for what it's done for gaming, but it's really buggy (or bethsoft just sucks at plugging holes)

Or you've got a driver, codec, or other issue causing it. Codec packs are known to screw with both Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

No Fallout 3 crashes here on Windows Vista 64bit :D

While that is possible Oblivion never crashed on me and I was playing it on the same PC, OS, install, etc.

While that is possible Oblivion never crashed on me and I was playing it on the same PC, OS, install, etc.

Exactly what kind of "crashing" are you experiencing? Is the game just freezing, is it crashing with an error, or is it just disappearing without warning and without error?

I was having all sorts of issues with Fallout 3 crashing without warning on Windows XP; when I upgraded to Vista 64bit it completely fixed it. You know what that means? Fallout 3 isn't inherently crashy, some software or driver I had installed on Windows XP was causing the problem.

Guys.. no one even thought of this?

To the thread owner.. how long ago did you buy your Video card? When it crashes.. is it a reboot? Blue screen? or graphical corruption followed by hard lock?

The reason I ask is because nVIDIA cards are prone to failure due to Micro fissures and this is what you might be experiencing.

Based on your answers I will be able to determine that for you.

He's not going to respond to that. You gotta format it like this:

Yo dawg, when u buy ya gpu? When crashin.. dat a reboot? Blue screen? corruptionz in ur grill?

Seriously, you gotta talk the person's language in order to help them. None of that grammar crap. :p

so.. what kind of crash you having right now?

my nVidia rig doesn't crash that much, only a couple of time in Fallout 3...

also about mirror's edge, that game is a completely crap when PhysX is on even after patch, still crashing..

and other games only crash when new driver is apply, try to use 182, thats the most stable one I experience... the later driver works like crap for SLI rig...

try to revert ur driver to see if it helps you...

no, it's a gamebryo engine problem. Oblivion and fallout 3 both have pretty severe crashing/performance issues with certain hardware configurations (i've had just as many problems with vista as I have with xp in those titles). It's a great engine for what it's done for gaming, but it's really buggy (or bethsoft just sucks at plugging holes)

QFT, both of those games run like ass for me, especilly modded. Hell, Oblivion would even freeze up on my 360. I don't get any crashs but unconsistant framerates.

Running two different 750i boards here EVGA and a Asus P5N-D and they work perfect???? Must be user error :rolleyes:

Google nForce video corruption. It was a very common problem that Nvidia wouldn't even admit to for months. There is a reason that VIA won't let Nvidia build chipsets for their processors. I killed the northbridge on my 780i in a few short months with tons of airflow and not too obsurd voltages. I for one am glad that they are pretty much out of the chipset market, or atleast will be in the near future exept for Ion.

I do have to agree with the OP on this bloat that is going into their drivers. I for one have never used Physix but it bugged up their drivers for months. 175.16 was an amazing driver, then came the 177.xx drivers with Physix support and they were garbage for MONTHS.

Fast forward a year ans 182.50 is a great driver (luckily my card can use it unlike when I upgraded to a GTX260 a year ago and was stuck with crappy drivers for a long ass time) they decide to include Ambient Occlusion which is pretty cool so that one dosen't really bother me and strioscopic crap which maybe 0.00001% of their customers use and Ion support, and Windows 7 tweeks into my Vista drivers. Now their drivers are as bad as they were a year ago, although this new beta seems promising.

Last edited:
meh, i'm ATi biased and I don't have very much bad to say about my 8800GTS or GTX280. Both very solid cards, and I'd recommend them to someone in the market if it were to suit their needs.

I sold my HD4800 series crossfire setup because ATI drivers are so horrible on 64 bit systems so as far as I'm concerned, it could be worse.

Guys.. no one even thought of this?

To the thread owner.. how long ago did you buy your Video card? When it crashes.. is it a reboot? Blue screen? or graphical corruption followed by hard lock?

The reason I ask is because nVIDIA cards are prone to failure due to Micro fissures and this is what you might be experiencing.

Based on your answers I will be able to determine that for you.

LOL at the racism

QFT, both of those games run like ass for me, especilly modded. Hell, Oblivion would even freeze up on my 360. I don't get any crashs but unconsistant framerates.

Google nForce video corruption. It was a very common problem that Nvidia wouldn't even admit to for months. There is a reason that VIA won't let Nvidia build chipsets for their processors. I killed the northbridge on my 780i in a few short months with tons of airflow and not too obsurd voltages. I for one am glad that they are pretty much out of the chipset market, or atleast will be in the near future exept for Ion.

Like i said, i think my sour grapes over NVIDIA chipsets made my overstate my crashing issues.

so.. what kind of crash you having right now?

my nVidia rig doesn't crash that much, only a couple of time in Fallout 3...

also about mirror's edge, that game is a completely crap when PhysX is on even after patch, still crashing..

and other games only crash when new driver is apply, try to use 182, thats the most stable one I experience... the later driver works like crap for SLI rig...

try to revert ur driver to see if it helps you...

I am a much happier computer user with a NON NVIDIA chipset.... i blamed my gtx260 wrongly

Like i said, i think my sour grapes over NVIDIA chipsets made my overstate my crashing issues.

Understandable, I was just as pissed with my 780i experience. Other than killing the board with a dual and 2 sticks of ram at relitivly low clocks their crappy chipset drivers killed my raid array. I found out that is why they pulled the drivers since it was a common problem. I should also remind you guys of all of those problrms with macbooks overheating. Nvidia's QC atleast in the chipset department is aweful.

Ive considered upgrading many times but I wanted to stay with something that supported Sli however 680i seems like the last decent one from nvidia. Next upgrade with be an intel chipset.

nforce 780a SLI seems to be fine, maybe those issues don't effect the AMD versions of their chipsets.

I have exactly two games that use PhysX (Sacred 2 and Two Worlds - don't laugh so hard please) and both run perfectly. I also play Fallout 3 to death and its smooth and stable. Sounds like your rig may have other issue beside Nvida hardware/drivers.

Back