I am thinking of buying this lens to take family shots

computadorka

[H]ard|Gawd
0a765bdea5.jpg

Any one have any experience with it? :confused:

It's nice, though a little too long unless your family stands a couple hundred feet away.

How heavy must that lens be? judging by the size of the tripod.. 60lbs? I wonder what he's shooting.. the moon's craters? :)

1200mm? I thought the pictures would come out blurry if you zoomed in that much, they must use some super-IS technology if it costs $100K+...

pcMan said:
1200mm? I thought the pictures would come out blurry if you zoomed in that much, they must use some super-IS technology if it costs $100K+...
Nah my telescope is has a 1200mm focal length. When I do use it, I shoot through an eyepiece and, mount my 50mm lense on the camera.
Looks like he is in Vatican Square. Must be getting a Pope upskirts shot. :eek:

St Peters Square is cool. Looks like he is Paparazzi'ing Papa Ratsi. Get it? Get it? :D The lens I had when I was in that square extended about as far as his focusing ring lol

I think that price list is a little off from real life though.

" EF 70-200mm f/4L USM $1,700"

I bought that about June 2005 for $550 brand new.

Don't those go for like $120000 or something like that and there are 12 of them in the world or something. Only major journalism agencies have access to them (I think Sports Illustrated has 3 or something like that).

I remember once seeing a website where they hooked up one of those onto some kind of Canon digital videocamera and because of the crop factor of 16x..... so a 20000mm lens practically, a telescope

How do you know the equivalent in mm of a 10x lens for example. How do you go from "mm" to "x" and vice versa? Like this 1200mm lens, it zooms in the image how many times?

alright the price list might be off a bit but ya know still that is not a 500 dollar lens:)

Back