I am getting trolled by Sager Computers!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryCleric

Limp Gawd
At the start of June 2005 I bought a Sager 3880 laptop from PCTorque.com (see sig), it worked great for about a month until one day the hard drive dies. No biggie (I thought), this happens sometimes. So I called PCTorque to ask about a replacement, and I was informed that the new drive would be shipped that day. Wonderful! Four days later I had not received any information for PCTorque, so I give them a call. They tell me that since the laptop is less than a year old that it was Sager’s responsibility to replace the drive. I call Sager and I am greeted by the rudest “customer service” technician that basically treats me like an idiot and tells me it’s PCTorque’s problem, not Sager’s. Crap. I call PCTorque back and am directed back to Sager. This goes on for about two weeks until finally Sager agrees to replace the drive.

I get an e-mail saying that they will need a $140 deposit and money for shipping charges!?!?!? Wait a minute, why should I have to pay for a faulty product when I bought a full coverage warranty? Finally things are worked out and I am informed it’s just for security reasons, so I figure “what the hell”. I pay for overnight delivery and figure that this will all be sorted out soon enough. I don’t get a tracking number for 4 days, and when I do I discover that Sager sent it UPS GROUND!!!!! (AT MY EXPENSE). I paid for overnight and not they are wasting my money! I finally get the drive and I get my laptop running again, assuming that this was just a sting of mishaps and the worst is over.

The next day I get a call from “Sager”, saying that they are calling to work out the details of the return of the hard drive. They inform me to ship it to ATS Warranty in Memphis, TN, and the Warranty company will work out the details with Sager from there on. I send it back with no mishaps (apart from forgetting the address in my car when I go to drop off the package).

Yesterday I get an e-mail from Sager saying they never received the drive and they have billed my credit card. I immediately call them and tell them this was in error. I have the DHL tracking number and I have conformation that the package was delivered. Sager refuses to hear THIS SOLID PROOF and says I need to get the drive back to them as soon a possible. I inform the customer service representative that I have done my part, and I have provided adequate proof that the package was shipped. Basically as far as I was concerned the matter was closed on my end and they refuse to listen to me. Just yesterday I get a notice from their collection agency saying they will be attempting to collect for the hard drive.

I sent the drive back and have provided proof that the drive was received, they will not listen! What do I do? I am considering taking them to small claims court over this, because of all the violations of warranty and all the valuable time of mine they have wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back