I am dissapointed

[H]ard|Gawd
So i got a new BBA 9800Pro. Cause my sapphire took a dump.

So i uninstall old gf4 card, install this one, everythings peachy

i run 3dmark2001se and i score 11,000+ ?

ok so then i run 3dMark03 and what happens, 1st time 3dmark03 closed itself, 2nd time the screen just went blue and i had to reset the computer.

ok so maybe its jut 3dmark03..

so i run Aquamark3, when its about to start the 2nd test, screen clicks and bam, screen is all blue (w/no text)

specs in sig, 4.7 cats & DX9.0c

I scanned for artifacts w/atitool and nothing came up on there so i don't know what the problem is. R350 core 256bit (stock speeds)

so you went from a NV card to an ATI? I did that same thing and had the same problems. I had to blow away windows and re-install to fix it. However, this was easy since I had ghost image of windows installed and activated before I installed the drivers for anything...this way I just blasted the image back and installed the new drivers and then put the rest of my crap back on.

you can also try driver cleaner or detonator destroyer first in case you don't feel like reinstalling everything. I tried those but still ended up re-installing.

i just tried to play HL:DOD, it crashed to desktop and ATi VPU Recover came up and said it had to recover the settings, then i was about to send the erro report and the comp restarted itself.

UT2003 Also Crashed to blue screen (no text on the blue screen)

I just did driver cleaner and uninstalled and re-installed, im gunna try 3dmark03 again and some games.

wtf could the problem be

OK WTF

DOD played on a LAN game...UT2003 crashed, 3dmark03 crashed

i'm about to reformat, cause im fed up w/this stuff :( :mad:

when you installed your card, did you go

install card
install drivers from cd
uninstall drivers
install new drivers that you downloaded

nope, I did it in the following order...

uninstalled nvidia drivers w/detonator destroyer after add/remove programs.
installed ATI card.
installed updated ATI drivers I d/l.
rebooted.
got blue screens and crashes like you explain.
uninstall ati drivers
d/l previous version ati drivers and install.
same thing -bsod and crashes.
uninstalled ati drivers
rebooted
ran driver cleaner
rebooted again.
installed ati drivers.
still crashed but no bsod.
got pissed and re-loaded XP and installed latest ATI drivers...been happy ever since...

Could my problem be i'm loading the drivers from the cd from sapphire and using them w/a BBA card ???

hmm i dunno

133 said:
Could my problem be i'm loading the drivers from the cd from sapphire and using them w/a BBA card ???

hmm i dunno

no, the Sapphire drivers don't really have anything in them that the ATI drivers don't other than they changed ATI's name to Sapphire and included Redline (which sucks IMO) with some driver sets.

You should be fine with either set of drivers.

what you can try to do if you absolutely don't want to reformat is uninstall the ati drivers, run driver cleaner and detonator destroyer. reboot. don't install any new drivers. use regedit and delete any instances of ATI/NVIDIA you find pertaining to hardware/drivers.
reboot again and try installing the ATI drivers again. Careful deleting entries though, and in the end, it may be a LOT easier and more beneficial to re-install XP.

I enjoy a fresh install of XP every couple months...seems to clean up the crap that gets built up in a system and it tends to run faster (which = better gaming :) )

You have to remove all Nvidia driver traces in the reg, thats why your getting the error.
Use a reg cleaner and then let me know how things went.
Good luck bro. :)

What PS do you have?

I just reformatted thismorning

Enermax 430watt - 1 year old

could the PSU be to blame or this kind of behavior ?

133 said:
I just reformatted thismorning

Enermax 430watt - 1 year old

could the PSU be to blame or this kind of behavior ?
Yes.
I have learned over the years of building computers that no 2 are alike and you almost never have the same problem twice.
Start with the simple, like drivers, directX, via, then move to heat, PS, connections.....reformat is your last option.
turn restore off.

Back