I am disabled, is mantaning a WC setup hard?

Savi

Gawd
Hello like the title says I am disabled, stuck to a wheelchair, cant walk at all, My arms are fine im just a para, waist down type of thing. This year had to build a new PC went with a 2600k, been just using the stock cooler till now havent the need to oc just yet. But I will be doing that soon

Now i was looking at getting the Prolimatech Genesis, but i started looking at the H100 and that thing looks nice, i hear its really loud though. But if im gona go that route might as well go full water cooling maybe. Is maintenance, cleaning, upkeep, etc easy enough for watercooling for me to do. I read people usaly clean there WC setups every 6 months, My PC is always on when I am up, only off when I am asleep. The case i use is coolermaster Cosmos S, so plenty of room inside it if i go with the H100 or a full WC setup. Just looking for some advice, Would i be better off just geting the Genesis or the H100 or is mantaning WC easy enough for me to do

One other question how much weight does WC add to the case, cause i can pick up the case from the ground atm but its a lil tough

Building a water system that is a step above the Corsair H100 will make your system noticeably heavier. The H100 is actually a pretty reasonable cooling system, it not only out preforms most high end air cooling but is also lighter than most high end air systems.
As far as the noise goes, you could easily invest in 4 quieter fans and run a push/pull system.

Well, with kits like the H100, I dont think you change the fluids, I like the H70, all I have to do is dust out the radiator now and then, but other than that, no upkeep is needed.

The Cosmos S is a big case, does the case itself cause difficulty as far as your disablement and moving the case? Cleaning out a full liquid system doesnt have to be real hard, you can add drain fittings to a lower loop, then most people just run warm water from a bucket, and have it pump through then dump out the other end.

Really not too much else, except dusting the radiators now and then since 120mm fans move a lot of air, therefor a lot of dust.

mmm, the cosmos s is not to hard to pick up when i take out the hard drives or psu b4 i pick it up. The more I think about it. i would like to try out a full WC setup oneday for sure. but more i think about it i think im gona go with the H100 and get a 2 more Gentle Typhoon AP 15 for it, I have AP-15's atm for case cooling so if take 2 of those and add 2 more i can do a push pull

mmmm, Guss i will still think it over, there is no rush so I will think it through, The H100 looks really nice cause its seems to as close to a WC setup i can get with out having to having to have a real WC setup

thank you again :) love this fourm :)

I have a 700D with normal equipment and this SOB weighs like 40lbs. It's also big and akward which makes it harder to haul to lan parties.

If you are disabled, WC will add weight...potentially making the case heavier. However, as someone else pointed out, the H100 isn't significantly heavier then a high end air cooler, yet offers increased performance.
I would like to mention that draining water on a 6 month schedule isn't always the case. My current setup has been filled for over a year, without any issues. Simply use distilled water with some silver strips, and it will look brand new even after a year. You will of course have to add water over time, as it tends to evaporate out of the system through the tubing. I've probably added 4-5 ounces back into the system over the last year. This is of course really easy as I have a fill plug at the top of my case.

The cosmos S can support a triple rad at the top. Get some AP-15's, and run them at 7 volts for a wonderfully quiet system. However a 2600k would do great with an H100 as well....so really, its all a wash.

If you are disabled, WC will add weight...potentially making the case heavier. However, as someone else pointed out, the H100 isn't significantly heavier then a high end air cooler, yet offers increased performance.
I would like to mention that draining water on a 6 month schedule isn't always the case. My current setup has been filled for over a year, without any issues. Simply use distilled water with some silver strips, and it will look brand new even after a year. You will of course have to add water over time, as it tends to evaporate out of the system through the tubing. I've probably added 4-5 ounces back into the system over the last year. This is of course really easy as I have a fill plug at the top of my case.

The cosmos S can support a triple rad at the top. Get some AP-15's, and run them at 7 volts for a wonderfully quiet system. However a 2600k would do great with an H100 as well....so really, its all a wash.

Where do you place the silver strips so they don't flow with the water?

With a Cosmos S, the RX360 is a better choice than the RS240.

I have a 700D with normal equipment and this SOB weighs like 40lbs. It's also big and akward which makes it harder to haul to lan parties.

LOL!! How many hard drives? How many blocks, radiators, fans?

My 700D is aircooled for now with the stock fans (not overclocked yet!) , but I have four hard drives, and it's a bitch to lift it off the floor onto my desk.

Well my Corsair 800D case is huge and like 65-70lbs heavy fully loaded with 3 gfx cards etc.... and liquid has weight.

Stay away from this case unless you want to have nice biceps and big shoulders haha. Laughing with you not at you.

Well my Corsair 800D case is huge and like 65-70lbs heavy fully loaded with 3 gfx cards etc.... and liquid has weight.

Stay away from this case unless you want to have nice biceps and big shoulders haha. Laughing with you not at you.

We're laughing together, mate. :p

I have my 700D on the floor between a desk and a filing cabinet, so when I need to clean out the filter or do any system work, I have to basically lift the cast straight up. So ... I just built a "skateboard" for my system. This is a plank, cut to the right size and painted black, with four swivel wheels screwed into the bottom. Nothing fancy.

Now I can roll the system out from that tight space, and then slide out the air filter for cleaning, or easily lift up the system for any work.

Back