Huxley

smithicus

n00b
Who else is excited about this game? I love MMO's and cannot wait to play a first person shooter MMO

It looks amazing, and an FPS MMO gets me pretty giddy... but I have a lot of doubts simply because it's a Korean MMO. There has yet to be a single game from that country that has succeeded in America because of their love for long, boring, painful level grinds. A crazy level grind with Quake DM paced combat would really wear me out :(

grimble said:
It looks amazing, and an FPS MMO gets me pretty giddy... but I have a lot of doubts simply because it's a Korean MMO. There has yet to be a single game from that country that has succeeded in America because of their love for long, boring, painful level grinds. A crazy level grind with Quake DM paced combat would really wear me out :(

Funny, i thought most gamers actually spend entire days doing that =P

I'd REALLY like to see their netcode tho. I've got a net monitoring utility and i can actually see the usage of games. The more players in a game, the more bandwidth it consistently uses. My connection can only support up to 24 players in WarRock/BF2 (which includes vehicles) and up to 32 players in CS(No vehicles), any more and it'll start to lag. How are you going to do that with 50+ people in the same area (100+ in cities).

Yea Huxley is going to be quite amazing. It sounds to be like everything ive ever wanted from a game.

Best part is, that pc gamers will be able to play with 360 gamers online together :)

theNoid said:
Best part is, that pc gamers will be able to play with 360 gamers online together :)

Is this true?

the 360 gamers will get raped by the keyboard and mouseage of PC-gamers (i say this as both a PC and a 360 gamer)...

I think this would be a mixed blessing...

ive been watching this game as well
i played planetside for a bit and it was pretty fun, but im definitely skeptical about this game

i really want it to be good tho!

Sly said:
Funny, i thought most gamers actually spend entire days doing that =P

I'd REALLY like to see their netcode tho. I've got a net monitoring utility and i can actually see the usage of games. The more players in a game, the more bandwidth it consistently uses. My connection can only support up to 24 players in WarRock/BF2 (which includes vehicles) and up to 32 players in CS(No vehicles), any more and it'll start to lag. How are you going to do that with 50+ people in the same area (100+ in cities).

Did you ever play planetside?

That managed to support hundreds per battle, I think it was something ridiculous like 166 for each faction (three of them) before the continent pop-lock kicked in, those were some epic battles. I've seen nothing like it before or since.

That is, before Sony turned it from an exciting MMOFPS into a boring MMORTS and everyone left (Note to Sony: Killing stuff = fun, being cannon fodder for a small number of guys in near-indestructible mechs = not fun).

From what I've heard though, Huxley isn't a big open warfare thing like PS was, the actual fights are basically instanced, with limits on the number of participants who can mix it up at once, so it isn't any more stressful in that regard than a 32-64 player MP FPS.

theNoid said:

Were did you here this from. Is that even possible? You would think that the games played on 2 different platforms would have a hard time communicating. I would love to read more about the XBOX 360 and PC being able to play online together.

Back