HTC hinting at Ver 2?

Thanks for the links. I went with shapeways and am having them print me out a pair. $8.90 each clip. Not too bad, I was looking at the "professional finish" but not at $19.xx each lol.

Got the Vive Pro clips today and they work great. Had to sand it down a little bit to smooth it out but other than that they help a lot with the sound quality. It still would be better with bigger ear pads for me. If they left the headphone jack port on the headset I'd just use my headphones. Sound wise the headphones I have are a little better to me, but where it shines is it is completely over the ear so there is no fiddling to get it just right and having to lock it in place with these clips. But I do highly recommend any vive pro users that think the sound quality seems to vary to print a pair.

Well just to follow up a bit. I bought a bluetooth wireless headphone jack (FiiO BTR1) and the sound quality when using my old over the ear headphones is absolutely blowing away the Vive pro built in headphones even with the clips attached. It is a night and day difference sound quality wise. Problem is there is a delay of about 200-300ms. It's not that much but it's enough to make me really screw up in beat saber, watch as my gun fires followed by the sound in H3VR, and I can't live with it. So does anyone know if there is a way to compensate for this globally in steamVR or maybe in Win 10? Or can anyone recommend a USB-C to 3.5" cable for the vive pro? I have looked and it seems it is kind of hit and miss with the USB-C dongles and some people have issues with quality.
Edit: So I decided to just buy a USB-C to 3.5" and give it a try. I picked this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HFFGV2R/
Since it's made by HTC and has a DAC in it so hopefully it works well and lasts.

Edit2: I got the USB-C to 3.5" HTC connector linked above and it works great. The sound quality is excellent and well worth replacing the built in Vive Pro headphones. If you are having issues with the built in ones like it shifting and changing sound quality as you play then seriously think about getting one of these and will fix it properly with no lag.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back