HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

Unless I missed something, that doesn't state the pricing is staying low. In fact, everything I have read about the next batch indicates that they haven't stated how the next batch will be priced.

yeah they've just seen that these things sell perfectly well at $200+ for 16gb, $250+ for 32gb. if i was them id get $100 more per touchpad if i was them. who knows, though...

yeah they've just seen that these things sell perfectly well at $200+ for 16gb, $250+ for 32gb. if i was them id get $100 more per touchpad if i was them. who knows, though...

They've already discontinued it and set the $99/$149 price point. Can they just easily change that? Wouldn't there be some sort of consequence?

They've already discontinued it and set the $99/$149 price point. Can they just easily change that? Wouldn't there be some sort of consequence?

They can do whatever they want I suppose, but that would be a ridiculously stupid move to increase the pricing at this point.

It's clear the demand will be high enough to clean out their inventory even at a $100 higher price point. That said, I don't see them increasing it, but you never know.

So after playing around with this thing for hours last night, OC'ing to 1.5 (definitely a noticable improvement) I have to say I really like WebOS and the TP. It feels solid and well put together, I'm not sure where the cheap/plasticky negative reviews come from.

It does have some flaws; I notice quite often that sometimes when trying to scroll on a screen there is some lag, as if some background process has to catch up before I can scroll again. But overall, even at $210, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Per @BrynaAtHP - Tweeted 09/01/2011:

Regarding: Credit Cards being re-authorized: "Banking processes re-authorize credit holds every 7 days until the time of purchase. "

Expect an email in the next 48 hrs updating you on delivery dates if you made that cut off time. Sounds like a shipping delay of a few wks.

The US SMB team is working to fulfill orders made prior to Monday, August 22nd at 4am CT

This is very good news. I noticed this morning I am now officially allocated on my order but no warehouse activity yet. Also got notification last night that my order from Amazon for the folio case is coming much earlier than I expected. Should have one next week. Good timing all around. Now to find a touchstone that isn't price gouged...

Amazon has been getting the Touchstones in stock for $45.58. Just keep checking their site.

Yeah, I've been looking. Tried Best Buy and Walmart when they hit 50% off. No luck. Luckily it's not a necessity, just be nice to have.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i'd like to commend from an economic point of view those that purchased a lot of the touchpads and then tried to resale them at a higher cost now that the supply of lower cost touchpads were gone, and also tell them to go fuck themselves because they screwed me out of the 100 dollar price point. ;-)

Thank you for your interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad order XXXXXXXX
The response to our price reduction has been overwhelming – both in terms of volume and in the energy and enthusiasm it has generated in our customers.

It has taken us longer than anticipated to work through the high volume of orders that were received. We apologize for any uncertainty this caused, but we are now in a position to understand our ability to fulfill your order.

Your order will be fulfilled at the discounted price. As we sold out of our existing stock very quickly, we are in the process of re-allocating stock to SMB customers. We should receive this stock within 2 weeks, at which time your order will then ship with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has shipped. We apologize that these timelines are longer than indicated on the website at time of purchase.

At the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.

If you used a credit card for your purchase: Please check the expiration date of the card used for your TouchPad purchase. If it is set to expire within the next 2 weeks, you will need to contact HP immediately to update the expiration or provide a new card number. You can call 1-800-888-0292, opt 3 to speak to an SMB representative or you can send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “CREDIT CARD CALL-BACK.” Please provide the name on the order, the HP order number and a phone number where you can be reached, and a Customer Service Representative will call you back to update the credit card information. Also note that the credit card used for the purchase will be charged at the time of shipment.

If this delay is not acceptable and you wish to cancel your order: Please send an email to [email protected] with your instructions for cancellation within a week. Be sure to include your HP order number and the name and ship-to address on the order. Also please indicate clearly if this is the only order requiring cancellation or if you wish all orders in your name to be canceled. You will receive an automated cancel notification when your order cancellation request has been processed. Please be aware, however, that cancellations cannot be reversed, and our US SMB store has sold out of HP TouchPad and will not make any further available for sale.

We are pleased that we will be able to fulfill your order and look forward to you joining the exciting community of webOS!

Sincerely,
Your HP Small and Medium Business Team
www.hp.com/go/touchpadFAQ

Got that about an hour or so ago. Been 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks...blargh. Anyone actually going to cancel their order? Let me know before you do. My wife needs one ;)

If anyone still has a spare touchpad they want to sell to a student, for actual price, p.m. me up please :). It sucks getting canceled by onsale.

Ya know.. i ordered two and got two. I was really excited but after a few days I realize I just bought it because it was a sick deal.

I sold a new one on ebay for 295, and the one I used for about a week for 265.

Total sold for 560
Total purchased for 332
Total profit 228

Not bad.

Ya know.. i ordered two and got two. I was really excited but after a few days I realize I just bought it because it was a sick deal.

I sold a new one on ebay for 295, and the one I used for about a week for 265.

Total sold for 560
Total purchased for 332
Total profit 228

Not bad.

Thanks for rubbing it in :mad: Some of us just wanted to pick one at the sale price and refuse to pay the greedy scalpers making profits off the sale.....

I ordered two from two different locations so I was obeying the limitations of most retailers. I just got lucky thats all.

I disagree. Frankly when people say bad remarks about scalpers and other stuff it really ticks me off. If I fairly bought two touchpads and they (ebayers) just happened to pay 70% increase in price how is that my fault or my problem? In the end, if you missed out on the deal, apparently you didn't move fast enough.

Thanks for rubbing it in :mad: Some of us just wanted to pick one at the sale price and refuse to pay the greedy scalpers making profits off the sale.....

maybe he started low price but people drove the price up to get em....

for those looking for a touchstone/folio, check HP's site, they had them in stock as of last night, and are a decent price

I ordered two from two different locations so I was obeying the limitations of most retailers. I just got lucky thats all.

I disagree. Frankly when people say bad remarks about scalpers and other stuff it really ticks me off. If I fairly bought two touchpads and they (ebayers) just happened to pay 70% increase in price how is that my fault or my problem? In the end, if you missed out on the deal, apparently you didn't move fast enough.

For ebay auctions.. you're 100% correct. Once the item has been placed, the auctioneer doesn't control how high it goes. In those cases (which I'm assuming was yours) then I don't consider that scalping. It's the "buy now" prices that are already jacked up that I have issues with, as well as craigslist/for sale forums/etc. That's the equivalent to standing outside a sold-out concert and charging 200-300% for tickets (i.e. - scalping).

Just as comments about scalpers tick you off... seeing people come online and basically flaunt that they made money off a sale where so many others got shafted really ticks me off. That's like walking through your neighborhood telling all your neighbors "Hey.. I just won the lottery! Don't you wish you were me!!" :p

So, I guess I just need to say congratulations and stop even looking at this thread ;) All it does is depress me anyways :(

I bought the last 16GB touchpad at my local Best Buy, its pretty cool but I hardly even use it..think I might sell it.

This isn't Soviet Russia.

We all pay a price, whether that price is waiting in line, hitting refresh, paying extra or just rolling the dice and relying on luck. Begging is no way to go about things and will just get your man card revoked.

So, my touchpad proved itself useful today, in a way I suspect only [H]'ers will appreciate.

I'm watching my Buckeyes opening CFB game against Akron, and my power goes out 5 minutes into the second quarter. I do have a UPS, but it won't last very long powering my big TV...
Enter the Touchpad! Left my UPS powering just my cable modem+router, and streamed the end of the first half via espn360 on the Touchpad. Decided not to stick around for the second half at home though, AC is off and it's 95 degrees out, so I'm posting this from the WiFi at the bar (on the touchpad, of course).

It's interesting that some of you aren't finding the TP useful. To be honest I hardly ever use my laptop at home anymore. I almost exclusively use the TP and carry it around with me everywhere in the house. I just find it endlessly useful to have my entire media library and anything on the internet accessible at my fingertips like that. I'm dying to find a couple more.

Have any of you had any problems with your wifi dropping?

I've got 4 tp's going in the house now and not one of them can maintain a solid connection

using a dir-655 as a router and two dir-601's as AP's.. connecting to any of them doesn't work at first, or it will connect then drop after 5 minutes, etc

been reading around and it seems most people with dir-655's are having these problems.. so now I must ask if anyone out there is having zero issues what router are you using?

thanks

I have not had any problems with my 655(a3).

For ebay auctions.. you're 100% correct. Once the item has been placed, the auctioneer doesn't control how high it goes. In those cases (which I'm assuming was yours) then I don't consider that scalping. It's the "buy now" prices that are already jacked up that I have issues with, as well as craigslist/for sale forums/etc. That's the equivalent to standing outside a sold-out concert and charging 200-300% for tickets (i.e. - scalping).

Just as comments about scalpers tick you off... seeing people come online and basically flaunt that they made money off a sale where so many others got shafted really ticks me off. That's like walking through your neighborhood telling all your neighbors "Hey.. I just won the lottery! Don't you wish you were me!!" :p

So, I guess I just need to say congratulations and stop even looking at this thread ;) All it does is depress me anyways :(

Fair enough, maybe I shouldn't have gloated. My bad.

We will see what happens. My HP SMB order is still sitting out there. If I get it fantastic. If not...well I am just going to have to see what the Amazon Tablet looks like.

I would love it if I get the 32gb HP Touchpad I ordered but I am not sure if it is worth much more than the sale price. Of course the Amazon tablet still has no specs released.

Of course it pisses you off, you are a scalper.

the browser on this seems to keep using the cache. Is there a way to disable the cache?

Target has IPAD 1 folios for $19.98. got to the register came up $9.98. Took a razor to open up holes for the speakers... fits perfect now :)

the browser on this seems to keep using the cache. Is there a way to disable the cache?

At the moment, nope. The browser has a lot of small, yet annoying, quirks to it that I hope are fixed in the next update or the update after.

At the moment, nope. The browser has a lot of small, yet annoying, quirks to it that I hope are fixed in the next update or the update after.

Next update? Then one after that? This is a pretty optimistic view given how inconsistent HP's handling of WebOS has been :p

Back