HP L2335 23" 16ms... sweet

brmiller said:
That said, any card that will do 1920x1200 digitally without reduced blanking interval (which I read here to mean possible image degradation) will have two TMDS transmitters and two DVI connectors. Where, then, do you connect the two DVI connectors? The HP L2335 doesn't have two DVI inputs! Is there some funky Y-connector to combine the two signals? Or would the display need to have two DVI receivers as well (would make sense). I'm guessing the HP L2335 does not.
I think this is where the pin count of the DVI cable comes in. Usually only 12 pins are active using DVI cables to drive the lower resolution monitors (sometimes this is even visible by looking at the pins on your cable... For the "two DVI connectors" (dual link), I think 24 pins are used - effectively give you "two" DVI connections. You will see some pins missing for a single link cable, whereas a dual link cable has more pins.

I hope this helps, I am no expert, someone chime in if I am wrong :)

.leo

cccc said:
- Well, it can tilt at least, though that's not a replacement for height adjustment.

- Unless you need to switch between two computers frequently using the same screen, you don't really need the extra VGA input. Also, you would probably want to avoid using VGA in any case because of the potentionally inferior image quality. Because of the better cable management on the Apple monitor, it will be much easier to switch DVI cabels than on the HP L2335.

- The lack of component input is a potential issue, but DVI is becoming evermore frequent in everything nowadays, including DVD-players and tuner boxes etc. So I don't see why the DVI connection couldn't be used for movie viewing unless of course you've already got some equipment that lacks DVI. It IS an issue though for console owners. I know I've seen some Component <-> DVI converter somewhere, so maybe that could be solution.

- The pivot function could easily prove to be cumbersome on a 23" monitor with cables hanging off the back of the panel as is the case with the HP L2335. Also, since the screen size is large enough as it is, I could easily live without this particular function. Does any HP L2335 user find this function useful?

- External power brick equals slimmer design and vice versa. Between slimmer design and built-in power brick I'd choose slimmer design any day, though I'd of course like to have both ;)

Maybe I'm biased because of what seems to be a superior design of the Apple monitor, but I think the trade-offs are worth it - provided that the price of the Apple monitor isn't significantly higher than that of the HP L2335...
First, let me say that I love Apple, and LOVE Apple design. If anyone was biased toward Apple stuff, it would be me. I always justify paying more for Apple stuff and am easily convinced... but for this last item, I just can't justify it...

- Tilt and height adjustment just aren't the same... so that doesn't really solve the problem ;)

- As far as the two inputs... I think this is VERY important, because I use this feature all the time... I REALLY wish there were two DVI ports on the HP, because then I could drive it digitally with two different computers... right now I would settle for one digital and one VGA (as I do now with my main computer (DVI) and my test computer (VGA)). I have seen some monitors with two DVI connectors and its just dope. It really makes me justify buying monitors when I can *actually* use it for two computers - so its like buying two monitors for one price - plus saves a lot of space. Then I use a USB switcher that transfers my Keyboard and Mouse to the other computer. After clicking two buttons (one on the monitor, and one on the USB switcher) I am quickly using the other computer. It's awesome.

- I see what you are saying with the DVI and HD/DVD sources (actually things are moving to HDMI, which is more or less DVI compatible)... but I don't want the monitor to ONLY be an HD source... i think its great having it MAINLY be a computer monitor, but also do HD sources (the HP has 5 inputs!).

- The axis pivot feature is really big for me. for example, I love DreamweaverMX 2004's split up/down code/visual HTML editing... if I had *SUCH* a long display, it would really kick ass. Plus I'd always like the option to change vertical... page layout would be dope.

- I really like the thought of having one less power brick under my desk... I freaking hate all the cords and crap that accumulate. Plus it doesn't even make the HP much thicker than the Apple... the actual thickness of the apple looks pretty thick in the pictures... but since i haven't seen the apple or the HP, so I really don't know.

Again, I love apple, but this time it just seems like they could have done more.

.leo

So just to be clear. The HP 2335 and the Apple have the same lcd. therefore the same specs. One difference is that HP has more inputs and therefore more potential uses. Another difference is that Apple uses firmware in the monitor for all calibration. This allows for slightly better control for the image/color nuts out there. Also the HP has more pivotability.. Therefore, all in all if u want a large lcd for gaming, programming etc... you are better off getting the HP... It is a bit cheaper too.

leobag said:
I think this is where the pin count of the DVI cable comes in. Usually only 12 pins are active using DVI cables to drive the lower resolution monitors (sometimes this is even visible by looking at the pins on your cable... For the "two DVI connectors" (dual link), I think 24 pins are used - effectively give you "two" DVI connections. You will see some pins missing for a single link cable, whereas a dual link cable has more pins.

I hope this helps, I am no expert, someone chime in if I am wrong :)

.leo
Leo:

This makes sense--thanks. So a card that has two TMDS transmitters should use a dual-link cable from one connector between it and the L2335? That makes sense. It was the phrase

A card with two DVI channels contains two TMDS transmitters and two DVI connectors. These two connectors can be used to either connect two different digital displays, allowing the user to have a dual display system. Alterntaively, they can be used to connect to a single display device that requires a lot of signal bandwidth.

that confused me. Maybe they're wrong. Hopefully, you can get a card with one connector that has the two transmittors and supports a dual-link cable to the L2335. At least that's what I'd want to do.

Brendan

Krazy_Joe said:
Does anyone know what panel manufacture apple got their new 30 inch from?! Im hoping that someone will give apple a little compition to lower that 3299 price tag! I think it with dropping LCD prices of other manufactures other than apple who rarely budges on prices the 30 inch will eventually become around 2600-2900.

Also, for the HP L2335 owners, how do you like your new monitor and have you had and problems with it? I noticed someone got the monitor for 1510 direct from HP and I was wondering how he got them to drop the price? Educational discount?

The HP 2335 is my first experience with an LCD and I absolutely love it. I use it for applications like Maya and Photoshop as well as for gaming. I bought mine at PC Connection for $1699 with no tax and free shipping.

I fortunately have had no problems with it so far (no dead pixels) although I do want to upgrade my video card from my current GeForce 3 with an analog VGA connection to a Nvidia 6800 with DVI sometime in the future.

I think the new Apple Cinema Displays are pretty sweet though. Whenever I upgrade my aging G4 to a G5, I'll be sure to add one of those babies on.

Check out my blog here at the Rusty Apple.

Studio

First of all, this is one of the most informative forum I've ever came across, Leobag, Dynamis, very useful links.

AFter reading all 11 pages, I have a few quick questions that I need you guys input on:

1) On this link, it says you need 85Hz to be flicker free on a CRT,

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/search/pdf/090017ad8130ce37.pdf

but on this link from Viewsonic, they are advertising their P225 to be flicker free at 79Hz.

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/crtmonitors/proseries/p225f/#specs

I thought 79Hz is low, I always thought it should be at 85Hz. Who's telling the truth?

2) For those who owned the 23" HP, what country make it? And is the diagonal really 23.0 inches or is that the exterior edge to edge with the frame?

3) I have an old Quadro 2, which has DVI-I connection, and the HP also has DVI-I connection, so why don't they give you a cable for DVI-I to DVI-I?

4) From the white paper link above, it claims LCD is a better picture quality and sharpness than CRT, but how's this HP 23" compares to the Sony Trinitron 24" GDM-FW900? As this sucker is also 22.5" diagonal at around the same price range.

http://www.monitoroutlet.com/803960.html

5) I have went to Nvidia web site among a few others to check out that Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL, what I really need to know if whether this card can backwards support AGP 4X? As well, what is a good web site to find our more info, tech. spec. on this Nvidia card? The reason is I just upgraded my computer to 1 GB of RAM, and I don't want to buy a new computer and this P4 is cap at AGP 4x.

6) Is there any web site like Thinksecret.com that can reveal if there is other 30" coming out from other vendors besides Apple? I am serious looking into buying either the above 23" or this 30". But I really hate to buy this Apple ver. without S-Video. I really like the features of the HP 23" as it has everything I needed.

As the Philips-LG web site shown, they already show off their LG-Philip ver. of 30" in May 28, 2004, so how long could we have to wait for a 30" from HP or other vendor? It seems if LG-Philip can do the same spec. (16 ms response time) then all I need is a HP ver. of it that gives me S-Video input?

Please help

Happy Hopping said:
First of all, this is one of the most informative forum I've ever came across, Leobag, Dynamis, very useful links.

AFter reading all 11 pages, I have a few quick questions that I need you guys input on:

1) On this link, it says you need 85Hz to be flicker free on a CRT,

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/search/pdf/090017ad8130ce37.pdf

but on this link from Viewsonic, they are advertising their P225 to be flicker free at 79Hz.

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/crtmonitors/proseries/p225f/#specs

I thought 79Hz is low, I always thought it should be at 85Hz. Who's telling the truth?

2) For those who owned the 23" HP, what country make it? And is the diagonal really 23.0 inches or is that the exterior edge to edge with the frame?

3) I have an old Quadro 2, which has DVI-I connection, and the HP also has DVI-I connection, so why don't they give you a cable for DVI-I to DVI-I?

4) From the white paper link above, it claims LCD is a better picture quality and sharpness than CRT, but how's this HP 23" compares to the Sony Trinitron 24" GDM-FW900? As this sucker is also 22.5" diagonal at around the same price range.

http://www.monitoroutlet.com/803960.html

5) I have went to Nvidia web site among a few others to check out that Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL, what I really need to know if whether this card can backwards support AGP 4X? As well, what is a good web site to find our more info, tech. spec. on this Nvidia card? The reason is I just upgraded my computer to 1 GB of RAM, and I don't want to buy a new computer and this P4 is cap at AGP 4x.

6) Is there any web site like Thinksecret.com that can reveal if there is other 30" coming out from other vendors besides Apple? I am serious looking into buying either the above 23" or this 30". But I really hate to buy this Apple ver. without S-Video. I really like the features of the HP 23" as it has everything I needed.

As the Philips-LG web site shown, they already show off their LG-Philip ver. of 30" in May 28, 2004, so how long could we have to wait for a 30" from HP or other vendor? It seems if LG-Philip can do the same spec. (16 ms response time) then all I need is a HP ver. of it that gives me S-Video input?

Please help

1) Don't know a definite answer to the flicker free question.
2) The back of the display says it was assembled in China. 23" is the actual diagonal screen size, not including the bezel frame.
3) You're right about the lack of a DVI-I to DVI-I connecting cable. The HP 2335 ships with 3 sets of cables. (1) DVI-I to VGA, (2) DVI-D to DVI-D, and (3)VGA to VGA. I guess you could upgrade the video but I'm sure the Quadro wasn't cheap.
4) Same price range yes, but why would you consider such an older, discontinued model? There was a reason Sony dropped out of the CRT market. I was skeptical at first of the quality of LCDs compared to CRTs until I bought the HP.
5) The DDL version of the 6800 is only manufactured by Apple as far as I know.
6)Totally dependent on other manufactures although I'm sure eventually someone will. I would guess LG or BenQ would be the first although they haven't even shipped their 23" widescreens yet.

Hope this helps.

if LG is the manufacturer of the HP display....don't they ALSO make the Apple display? therefore shouldn't the new Apple 23" displays be sporting the 16ms response time too? These are some assumptions of coarse, but it would be cool if Apple did follow suit.

Tweak, yes all 3 new panels from Apple are 16ms. And yes, the 23" Apple uses same panel (mfd by LG-Phillips) as the new 23" HP-L2335 and new 23" HP-F2304.
The only diff between the 2 HP panels is F2304 has speakers on either side (go see it running Far Cry in local CompUSA stores at 1920x1200 and the pic will blow you away).
But HP-F2304 price is $2200. Compare that to HP-L2335 lower price of $1699. Why? dunno, go figure :D .
And also the very same 16ms 23" LG-Phillips panel is used by the new 23" Benq (FP2304 I think) that is presently for sale in Canada but not yet in US.
But of all the new 23" 16ms LCD monitors----the cheapest is $1699 HP-L2335----and image quality is SAME on all of them. So make your decision based on which panel gives you "extra little features" that you might like---- or on "price". It's pretty tough to go wrong here.

Rim said:
So make your decision based on which panel gives you "extra little features" that you might like---- or on "price". It's pretty tough to go wrong here.

It's nice to have such a wide variety of choices all using the same panel that has been so widely praised. What's tough for is the styling vs. functionality question. Will I really have a use for the non-DVI inputs? Will I use the scaling options of the HP?

I really do like the look of the new Apple displays but the limitation to DVI only and the fact that their previous cinema displays offered only fixed resolution scaling (see page 19 of the old display manual here: Old Apple Cinema Display User Manual )makes me wonder if it's the right panel for me. I have one on pre-order from Amazon and have confirmed their return policy (which is 30 days full refund even if it's opened) in case I decide it's not what I want. I would like to try the HP, but Monitorsdirect is the only place I've seen which offers a full refund for them even if opened and they are currently out of stock (Amazon doesn't sell the 2335).

Really can't imagine buying one of these fantastically expensive flat panels and NOT using DVI. The difference in image quality is stunning. And I hope that if you have the money to shell out for the lcd, you can add another $400 or so for a good gpu that supports it.

ehZn said:
Really can't imagine buying one of these fantastically expensive flat panels and NOT using DVI. The difference in image quality is stunning. And I hope that if you have the money to shell out for the lcd, you can add another $400 or so for a good gpu that supports it.

Yes, I would definitely take advantage of DVI. That's an absolute given. And a vid card upgrade will go right along with it so no problems there. The question on inputs is will I ever want to connect an external TV tuner (sat box, HD box, etc), game system or anything else.

Granted, the monitor will be primarily for use with my PC, but it's one of those "you never know" type things. My guess is probably not. I'll be moving in a couple of months and the room where my computer will be has the look of a formal office (all dark wood) so that's where the aesthetics really comes into play. Based on where I think the desk will have to go, the back of the monitor will be seen every tme someone walks in the room so that's why I have been taking a hard look at the Apple. I plan to also have an LCD TV in that room so the chances that I'd use the monitor for double duty greatly decrease. I don't think I'd ever use PIP knowing from past experience that I would rather have a second disply for TV rather than have it's image inset on my desktop.

I guess things may point more towards form over function for me. Like I said I can always return it if I decide that I don't like how it scales, etc. The new Sony (SDM-P234), which looks exactly like it's predecessor, has a very clean look to it but at an MSRP of $2600, it makes the Apple look reasonably priced! :D

5) The DDL version of the 6800 is only manufactured by Apple as far as I know

Thanks for the reply. I guess we can't use this apple ver. of Ultra 6800 DDL can we? As there is no driver for this DDL?

So if I set my mind to the 30", I figure I have no choice but to move to a dual link DVI, like Quadro FX 3400 or FX 3000?

Rgbyhkr,
You mention "if I'm not satisfied with the HP monitor's scaling I'll return it".
Digital LCD monitors don't control 'scaling' , the video card does. The LCD just draws what the video card feeds it.
If you see a ratty image at a "non-native" resolution on the HP, check your video card Settings or suspect card's quality.

I have 21.3" digital LCD (native rez = 1600x1200) and GF-5700-U video card.
It has Options in a menu that offer me several ways to display the screen pic (IF running at "non-native" rez).
For example:
If I run a game at 1280x1024 on my big 1600x1200 screen, I use the video card option "Scale to Aspect Ratio".
The vid card then issues that command to LCD monitor----and it draws the pic smaller than full-screen, but PERFECTLY PROPORTIONED.
(This is the beauty of all that expensive digital circuitry that digital LCDs have).
Result: The smaller, perfectly shaped, (but lower-rez) game pic will be surrounded by a black border.

And----if I later decide "I'd like to run that 1280x1024 pic FULL-SIZE on my big 1600x1200 screen"------then all I do is choose video card's option "Scale to Monitor".
And presto----the image is 'digitally' drawn to full screensize.
Is it perfect pic? (like it is using "scale to aspect ratio). No. But it's better pic than a Analog LCD will draw.

My recommendation (I'm no expert, just MO):
When you go for killer monitor like 23" HP-L2335 don't power it with 'el-cheapo' video card like my 128mb GF 5700-U.
Power it with the new "ATI X800 Platinum Edition" or "Nvidia 6800-Ultra". (Or, do so as soon as you can).
Only those new "flagship cards" are capable (according to hardocp video reviews) of powering the new games at 1600x1200 with ALL eye-candy (AA and AF) "cranked up".
And as for running those games "fullbore" on a 23" LCD @ 1920x1200 a news item said even those new cards will be huffing and puffing.

Rim said:
Rgbyhkr,
You mention "if I'm not satisfied with the HP monitor's scaling I'll return it".
Digital LCD monitors don't control 'scaling' , the video card does. The LCD just draws what the video card feeds it.
If you see a ratty image at a "non-native" resolution on the HP, check your video card Settings or suspect card's quality.

I have 21.3" digital LCD (native rez = 1600x1200) and GF-5700-U video card.
It has Options in a menu that offer me several ways to display the screen pic (IF running at "non-native" rez).
For example:
If I run a game at 1280x1024 on my big 1600x1200 screen, I use the video card option "Scale to Aspect Ratio".
The vid card then issues that command to LCD monitor----and it draws the pic smaller than full-screen, but PERFECTLY PROPORTIONED.
(This is the beauty of all that expensive digital circuitry that digital LCDs have).
Result: The smaller, perfectly shaped, (but lower-rez) game pic will be surrounded by a black border.

And----if I later decide "I'd like to run that 1280x1024 pic FULL-SIZE on my big 1600x1200 screen"------then all I do is choose video card's option "Scale to Monitor".
And presto----the image is 'digitally' drawn to full screensize.
Is it perfect pic? (like it is using "scale to aspect ratio). No. But it's better pic than a Analog LCD will draw.

My recommendation (I'm no expert, just MO):
When you go for killer monitor like 23" HP-L2335 don't power it with 'el-cheapo' video card like my 128mb GF 5700-U.
Power it with the new "ATI X800 Platinum Edition" or "Nvidia 6800-Ultra". (Or, do so as soon as you can).
Only those new "flagship cards" are capable (according to hardocp video reviews) of powering the new games at 1600x1200 with ALL eye-candy (AA and AF) "cranked up".
And as for running those games "fullbore" on a 23" LCD @ 1920x1200 a news item said even those new cards will be huffing and puffing.

My vid card upgrade will be to something like the ATI X800 or the Nvidia 6800 so I have that covered. It is possible that I was confused on the scaling options. I was assuming the the display could be fed any number of resolutions and that the "Custom Scaling" options in the HP's menu (Fill to Screen, Fill to Aspect Ratio, or One to One) is what was primarily used to determine how that resolution input would appear on the display. Since the monitor I've been using for years is a 19" 4x3 CRT, I've never had to fiddle with aspect ratios.

It sounds to me like we're talking about something akin to HDTV displays where you can have aspect ratio control on both your source (like an OTA/Sat HD tuner) and your HDTV. That would seem to be the case with the HP where you would have controls on both the display and vid card. With the Apple, you probably wouldn't have aspect ratio control (unless it's embedded in the panel's driver) on it but you can still use the vid card's settings to select how the image will be displayed.

When I was talking about returning the unit if I didn't like how it scaled, I meant the Apple. Knowing that the vid card gives me scaling options certainly makes me feel much better about that issue. In all likelihood I'll probably just wait on the Apple and see if it fits my needs.

As a side note, I'll actually have a chance to try out the Apple with a friend's new Dell XPS Gen 3 when he gets it in a few weeks. It will be running a PCI Express X800XT, so I'll get to see if I like how they work together. That should help solidify which card I get.

Rim said:
Rgbyhkr,

Not quite. Most LCD moniters these days have their own scaling circuitry, which in most cases is actually far superior to the quality you get by having your video card interpolate the image. Nvidias drivers for example, allow you to choose whether you want to have your video card do the scaling or whether you'd like the monitor to scale the image.

Surly said:
Not quite. Most LCD moniters these days have their own scaling circuitry, which in most cases is actually far superior to the quality you get by having your video card interpolate the image. Nvidias drivers for example, allow you to choose whether you want to have your video card do the scaling or whether you'd like the monitor to scale the image.

Thanks for the tip. I checked out the Nvidia driver user guide and came across exactly what you mentioned. Here's a link to the pdf guide:

Nvidia Display Properties User Guide

Page 80 details options for digital flat panels and lets you choose how to scale including whether you want the display to handle the scaling for you. I looked through the user manual for the new crop of ATI cards (ATI X800 PRO User Guide ) and couldn't find similar settings, however.

By the way, I went to CompUSA last night and got to see a couple of things. First, they had a Compaq X (their offering as a gaming rig) hooked up to one of the old Apple Cinema 23" displays (which has 1900x1200 native res). The box was running on an Nvidia 5950 Ultra. So, I got to play with the scaling options in the display properties to see how it handled non-native resolutions.

Also, I got to see the HP f2304 in person. Unfortunately, it was setup in some sort of kiosk mode connected to an HP desktop running an HP demo so I didn't get to try it out for myself. It didn't look all that great as my guess was that the demo was at some resolution a good deal lower than 1900x1200 and had been scaled up to full screen.

However, I did get a chance to check out the styling in person and it wasn't too bad. While this model isn't right for me given how much addtional room it takes up with the built-in speakers, the back of the unit was much sleeker than I had envisioned. The manual of the L2335 makes the back of it look a good deal different than that of the f2304.

Anyone have or could take a picture of the back of the L2335? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the heads-up ("not only does video card have scaling options but the HP L2335 menu ALSO offers scaling options").
I had thot it was just video card that had those options.
That's good news and big selling point for the HP. No wonder they're flying out the door as fast as HP can make them.
Good luck with whatever 23" you settle on, its tough to go wrong.
I think this site sells the HP for $1799 (for first 30 Days will let you return it, no penalty, no reason needed for return----that's rare).
www.monitorsdirect.com

You will see some pins missing for a single link cable, whereas a dual link cable has more pins.

So if I have one of those good LCD and video card, I have to specify a Dual Link cable? I thought there is only one kind of DVI cable?

I just tried to order it but i dont see where the free shipping is? Theyre tryin to charge me $25 for shipping.

Man....you guys in the US got it so easy! :D

HP in Hong Kong wants to charge me (get this!) US$3100 for the L2335 - with no explanation as to why!!!!

I've been holding out to see what Apple came up with (that 30 is sweeeeeet!), but was also looking at the Philips 230W and the BenQ FP231W. So between the 4 of them (in Hong Kong at least) in price they go as follows:

Apple 23inch : $2030
Philips 230W: $2166
BenQ FP231W: $2300
HP L2335: $3100

Man.....WTFs wrong with this picture?!!!! I'd definately like to get the HP but not at that premium.

So if I have one of those good LCD and video card, I have to specify a Dual Link cable? I thought there is only one kind of DVI cable?
Belkin's site shows the different cables (dual and single). However, I would think the monitor that needs a dual link cable will ship with one in the box.

.leo

My bad. 'Free frt' is for the other 23".
Here's the Corrected data from HP online store:

23" 16ms HP L2335 cut to $1599
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/monitors/performance/
23" 16ms HP F2304 Cut to $2099 plus free frt
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/...egory=monitors/hp&subcat1=flat_lcd&catLevel=2

AFAIK, those two HP monitors use same identical panel (model #LM230W02 mfd by LG-Philips).
F2304 has integrated speakers on each side and can be seen in many CompUSA stores hooked up to game called Far Cry.
CompUSA store pricetag as of today in my area says $2199.

I just purchased a L2335 directly from HP. They gave me a break on the retail price to make up for shipping and tax. Best of all you get a 30 day no hassle refund if you don't like it.

HP L2335 23-inch TFT Widescreen flat panel display

Subtotal: $1,439.10
(Estimated) Tax: $123.412
(FP1) Shipping and handling: $56.84 (FedEX Priority Overnight)
Total: $1,619.30

Hope this monitor works out, it's going on a new Dual 2gig PowerMac. :D

.raven

Raven, congrats on your buy.
I'm close to pulling the trigger too, so can you answer some questions? Thanks.

Did you persuade the guy to give you a price-break, or did he volunteer?
Were you talking with jhim on the phone, or e-mail?
Now that you've done it, any tips on how to drive a bargain with HP store?
Care to give a link to the guy you bought from?
:D Big thanks for any answers :D

Actually I called the 800# off HP's website. I asked the sales guy if he had them in stock and what was his best price. I told him that I could buy the l2335 from macmall.com for 1699.00 and free shipping (little white lie) and they had over 1500 of them in stock. He said if I was willing to buy now he would give me free overnight shipping and a discount. After of minute or so of clicking on his keyboard he came back with $1619.35 total.

He did ask it was for a business and I said yes, but I would pay via a personal credit card and expense it if necessary. He said no problem and never asked for the Company Name.

I really did not say much of anything else.

Email me and I will send you his contact information.

.raven

Thanks Raven, that's good info, you made a great buy.
And you hit "paydirt" big-time, with that sweet deal HP threw in ("30-day 100% refund no excuses needed for return").
It's the safest way to buy a big-$ item.
Happy Hopping thanks for dealer info. BTW, what would you estimate "dealers cost" is on HP's new $1599 Retail price?

Just so you know, CDW changed their prices on this now. If you have a corp. acct, it's $1,575.58 plus $22.18 S&H for a total of:
$1,597.76 and they can ship it they day you order it.

Once they ship my damn x800xt and bill my credit card, and I pay off that bill, I'm gonna get mine from CDW. (darn 2k credit limit. The joys of being a college student with a huge summer paycheck, lotsa $, no credit).

I guess if you don't have a CDW acct, give HP that price and see if they'll match/beat that. CDW is tax free, so that's always nice.

Rim said:
Thanks Raven, that's good info, you made a great buy.
And you hit "paydirt" big-time, with that sweet deal HP threw in ("30-day 100% refund no excuses needed for return").
It's the safest way to buy a big-$ item.
Happy Hopping thanks for dealer info. BTW, what would you estimate "dealers cost" is on HP's new $1599 Retail price?

I have access to dealer price, $1663 is the price Compaq/hp distributor selling to reseller/dealer at the moment. So HP direct is cheaper. However, there was a $100 drop that HP done, but not yet reflect to the dealer chnl., so even if you factor in the $100, that $1599 range is as good as it gets.

Techguy said:
Just so you know, CDW changed their prices on this now. If you have a corp. acct, it's $1,575.58 plus $22.18 S&H for a total of:
$1,597.76 and they can ship it they day you order it.
Their website shows $1,689.46 for the price... is that because I am not viewing the site through a 'corporate' login?

Thanks,
Leo

leobag said:
Their website shows $1,689.46 for the price... is that because I am not viewing the site through a 'corporate' login?

Thanks,
Leo

yup. CDW doesn't care about end users, so if you don't have a corporate account with them they don't give you the real prices. Once you get an account, you are assigned an account manager and a whole team of "experts" who will bend over backwards to give you great prices and service.
but seeing as how you don't have an account, I'd try to talk HP into giving you the CDW price of $1,597.76 shipped.

Awesome, i just ordered mine from hp and man those guys are so freindly. I asked for a 10% discount since a friend got his at 10% off a few days ago. He had to clear it with his supervisor but i got it. Total came to 1539.84 with free shipping. Dopeness!

HybridHB said:
Awesome, i just ordered mine from hp and man those guys are so freindly. I asked for a 10% discount since a friend got his at 10% off a few days ago. He had to clear it with his supervisor but i got it. Total came to 1539.84 with free shipping. Dopeness!
scoreage!

Does that include the tax? If so I guess I'll not get mine from CDW if HP's shipping them out the door for 1539.84.

<edit>NM I'm stupid, I didn't notice that the guy who got 10% off paid extra for overnight shipping.

Looks like HP's getting my order! :-> </edit>

Back