HP 24 port POE which model?

balance101

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a HP 24 port switch. I have a HP procurve 1810v2 24 port already, really enjoy HP lifetime warranty, when my v1 die, they send a new switch right away! love the web interface as I dont know how to CLI. Would like to get a switch that has webinterface :D

Now I play to install some IP camera in my place so I need POE but I dont know which switch I need? there is 1910/1820 POE/2520 ? Which one will fit my needs?

thanks

Last edited:
I have the v1 of that switch and love it. I've been doing a lot of research on this recently. There was some discussion on this - you can checkout this thread:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1882300

If you're looking for POE(+), consider that there will be fans in this switch which will result in some noise. How many POE ports do you need? If you need only a few, consider getting the HP2915 - fanless, 8port, L3 switch.

If you need more than that, then ask if you need L3 functionality for inter-vlan routing. If so, you can look at the HP2920 (am about to grab this one myself). Or if L2 is all you need, the HP2530 is a good runner up.

There are some re-branded 3COM HP switches out there still so not sure if that matters - I don't have any experiences with these, however.

I'll be curious what you decide to go with.

Last edited:
thanks thegrinch will definitely look into it. I'm also looking for NVR and it seems some NVR models have build in POE. Some other members recommend me NVR with POE and be done with it, but I find the HP switch pays for itself after few years, notthing beats lifetime warranty ! Will let you know what I decide to get !

Back