How well does the TX750 do only 12v?

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
I've been using the Corsair TX750 out of spec as a 12v power source to test car audio installations.

It has 60a on the 12v line, and I rarely run it over 500w. I'm wondering, though, if it can continuously sustain high 12v loads without any load on the 5v or 3.3v line...

For the record, the model # (as there are multiple revisions) is 75-001309.

The box or documentation should also state the max and continuous power output capacities for the other voltages (plus a combination of different voltage outputs simultaneously).

That being said, I don't know why it would have a problem, boy can't say for certain.

Well it depends how the PSU is constructed. Many newer designs use a single 12v source and buck a portion down to lower voltages. Others used different designs that required cross loading for various levels of output or efficiency.

I've been using the Corsair TX750 out of spec as a 12v power source to test car audio installations.

It has 60a on the 12v line, and I rarely run it over 500w. I'm wondering, though, if it can continuously sustain high 12v loads without any load on the 5v or 3.3v line...

For the record, the model # (as there are multiple revisions) is 75-001309.

Interesting idea. Gotta ask, why? I assume you are load testing sub amps?

And i'd assume the powersupply is as close to 12v as possible....im sure you are aware most battery fed 12v systems in a car will be 14.4v to 12.7ish in a correctly functioning setup.

Intrigued however. I'd love to piss my woman off with a pair of 12's in my computer room hooked to an old PSU.

Back