How to use some MS points

oldpablo

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently lent my Mom one of my 360s so that she could try out Netflix. I set her up with a live account, a netflix account, and she loved it. I also tossed about 1600 points her way so that she could rent movies with Zune or something if she wanted. Later I discovered the Roku box and decided it was a better fit for her so I gave one to her and took back the 360. I obviously didn't think this through, now I have a live acount with 1600 points that is kind of useless. I didn't realize you couldn't transfer them, I rarely use points. I'm not going to keep paying for the live account of course, but if I close it those 1600 points go to waste! What creative ways are there to make use of them? Can I buy some games with them, download them, then close her account and they'll still be available on my 360 for other accounts to play? Any ideas on what is possible?

Get Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. They are 1200pts each, but you can play the emulated versions for demo purposes if you choose. If you don't want to buy more points for owning both games, I recommend Banjo Tooie because it is much more silly than the first game, and there is more to see and do.

Yeah gonna pass on those two, but can you buy a game and then close a live account and still have the games fully functional on your 360 to all other accounts?

Yes to your question. You can also go to Microsoft's GFW Marketplace on your PC and download PC games if you'd rather use the points on something they have there.

Back