How to O/C Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac

Sithtiger

Weaksauce
Hi, just upgraded to an i5 9600k and trying to understand how the UEFI works compared to my MSI Z97 Gaming 5. The UEFI has changed so much since then! So, I know how to O/C it, just change the CPU Ratio, CPU Cache Ratio. I want to O/C all cores, but I also want to use Speedstep, so it's only pushing 4.8GHz or 5GHz when it needs to, not all the time.

Also, I want to do this to all cores, but the manual seems to indicate that if you O/C all cores, it will keep them in an O/Ced state constantly...no speed step or something.

I don't want to mess with voltage because heat kills CPU's faster than anything so I don't want to raise that or the FSB or rather the BCLK as it's called now.

Bottom line...I just want to O/C my 9600k as high as I can with SpeedStep enabled. I want to O/C all cores (I know all cores can't O/C equally) but not keep it pegged at 5GHz for example, all the time. I have a CM Hyper 212 Evo using AS 5.

I tried ASRockATuning. I want to do this in the UEFI, once I find the highest stable speed. So far 4.8GHz is great, but I'd like to get 5GHz if possible on air. I just need to know the other settings to apply. When I've tried it in the UEFI, it O/C's it to 4.8GHz at all times. I just want it to ramp up to that when needed

I have another question regarding fan speeds, but I'll put it in the Intel motherboards section after this. Thanks in advance!

Wow, any ideas guys? I know how to overclock, but this is different and the UEFI has a lot more to manage. I tried keeping it simple and automated as possible, but that's not working. I'm getting BSOD's at 4.7GHz when I was running 4.8GHz solid playing BFV for over 40 minutes straight. The fans have something to do with it. The CPU fan was not going over 500 RPM and it's the standard fan that came with the CM Hyper 212 EVO. I created a fan curve manually, so far so good. Right now, I'm looking at keeping the CPU at 4.8GHz. In a year or two I'd like to bump it up to 5GHz. It crashed at 4.7GHz while playing music!? If I can get the fans working right, that'd be great.....yeah....and if someone could get me a memo regarding the new cover sheets for the TPS reports, I'd really appreciate that! ;)

Back