How to keep my monitor from turning off in Vista?

interested

Gawd
Hello.

I could use some help, and googling has not yeilded any results yet, so i thought i would ask here.

What i would like to do is setup my windows vista ( business 32 bit) so that my monitor does not turn off at all.
In other words i want my monitor to stay on at all times and not go into its low power standby mode.

Now commons sense says that i should be able to go into power settings and select display and put NEVER for time before display turns off.. however "Never" is not one of the available settings.. all it has is times, the longest being 5hours. Which is not good.. i dont want my monitor to turn off after 5 hours,, i dont want it to turn off at all.

I have checked everywhere i could look and i cant find a place to disable this.
I have even tried making my own power profile but still no option to keep the montor on all the time. Some sites i have visted so far state that there should be a Never in the Display list but mine dosent have it,, only times no "disable" or "never" basically its either 20min or 5 hours.

Any help is appreciated on this issue.

Regards.

From: http://www.techlifeweb.com/vista/2006/09/10-first-tweaks-to-windows-vista-after.html
6. Adjust power settings

By default, Windows Vista power settings are set to 'Balanced'. This is supposed to be a nice mix of power saving and speed. If you have a desktop or are always plugged in, why not get all the power you can out of that expensive CPU?

Start orb -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options

- Select 'High Performance'

If you want to go further and set your own parameters for power, click 'Change Plan Settings'

As i stated i tried the obvious, which is what you linked, unfortunately that does not work

I did however figure it out on my own.

It would appear that the "Never" selection for keeping the monitor on all the time, was missing because it was not active within my company domain policys.

Thus i just took the computer off the domain, and put it on a simple workgroup. and voila, i now have the option to select Never under the display options within my power profiles.

thanks anyways for trying to help, hopefully my solution helps someone else out if they ever face this issue.

Regards.

Back