How to install Suse 9.3

notoriousformula

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys, i have a Suse 9.3 Prof 7.9Gb DVD .iso.. Is there anyway i can install it without burning it on a Dula Layer dvd media? Somebody pointed that i can install it from Hard drive.. is that possible? If yes..how?

Just a hunch, but you might be able to extract the iso to a hard disk (either another partition or a separate hard drive). Most linux distros will have a utility to make a boot floppy to initialize setup. Create the boot floppy, then when installation starts point it to the drive in which you extracted the contents of the iso.

notoriousformula said:
hey guys, i have a Suse 9.3 Prof 7.9Gb DVD .iso.. Is there anyway i can install it without burning it on a Dula Layer dvd media? Somebody pointed that i can install it from Hard drive.. is that possible? If yes..how?

Could you provide us with a link to download it? (torrent?) I have been searching all day for it and came across a thread that says Novell may have prevented the torrent download.

use winiso or some similar program and take out which ever part of the install that's not for your system. Meaning if you've got a 64 bit system, then split off the 64 bit part from the 32 bit install.

Back