how to get rid of that line tear?

WITHOUT TURNING ON VSYNC!

i set my refresh rate to 60hz and capped the framerates to 60. Smooth but i see that annoying line tear going down the screen!

any ideas?

my lcd is a dell 2007wfp

reason why i dont want to turn on vsync bc it feels weird when i move my mouse, feels laggy, not in perfect sync with the cursor or something. the game i play is cs1.6.

I don't think it makes a difference what your screen's refresh rate is... It's just that video cards will begin drawing the next frame before the previous one is finished; vsync tells it to finish one before starting another, I think.

Though maybe I'm wrong. Heh. I feel your pain though. Wish I could enable vsync myself (I play CS:Source though) but it causes input lag and makes it pretty much unplayable. Try capping your frames to a bit above or below 60FPS though. Who knows.

Enabling triple buffering will *usually* get rid of most of the side effects of having VSync turned on, including the framerate hit. The only problem is that most games don't have a setting for this ingame, so you'll have to enable it in your video cards driver panel.

Other than Vsync, there is no way to get rid of screen tearing.

I seem to recall there being ways to enable triple buffering in half life 2. I'd assume it would work in CS:S.

But yeah... I really don't understand how PC gamers are expected to put up with this kind of crap when it comes to gaming. It's kinda sad how, it doesn't matter how much money you blow on your rig, you still gotta deal with screen tearing and vsync mouse lag.

How come consoles don't have these issues?

Back