How to Force Windows to use IGP instead of GTX 480

ccityinstaller

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to force Windows to use the HD4K in my 3770K for everyday use such as flash playback, and mainly for playback with VLC and BluRay rips..

I was watching a BR rip the other day and had to pause Folding on my 480 since the playback was so choppy..I really didn't want to pause it since I had a 8057 WU but it was just way to choppy otherwise..

I tried plugging my LCD into the HDMI port of the 4K instead of the 480, but all I can see is what appears to be like an extended desktop, which I assume is the Nvidia control panel thinking I want to extend the desktop?:confused::confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it always seems that I have a 8057 every time I want to watch something.

turn off any hardware acceleration in whatever program you're using, its not what youre looking for though...

Assuming it works the same way as in my laptop; in the nVidia settings panel you can per program force a certain GPU or leave it up to the drivers to make up their own mind. My W520 turned on the dedicated GPU for having the powermanager window open, for having IE open, etc. I editted a bit around and now it's a lot better.

if you saw half of your desktop you just need to rearrange your settings in your windows graphics properties

Wouldn't it be like usual on-board + external graphics? That is, configuring primary display in the BIOS?

Wouldn't it be like usual on-board + external graphics? That is, configuring primary display in the BIOS?
Not exactly elegant if you would want to switch back to the 480 to game or something, but it should work. Lucid Virtu is supposed to be the solution, but I've heard from a number of people that it leaves quite a bit to be desired

Not exactly elegant if you would want to switch back to the 480 to game or something, but it should work. Lucid Virtu is supposed to be the solution, but I've heard from a number of people that it leaves quite a bit to be desired

Yea, the first iteration of Virtu isn't very good. The MVP version on Z77 boards is supposed to be much better.

Back