How to Fly in Skyrim

I think its called Falling with Style...

Toy-Story-Falling-with-Style.jpg

Thats ok. In Morrowind with your acrobatics @ 100 you could clear almost all of Balmora in 1 jump

Thats ok. In Morrowind with your acrobatics @ 100 you could clear almost all of Balmora in 1 jump

With boots of blinding speed and blindness immunity you can jump between buildings in Vivec. I have such fond memories of that game.

With boots of blinding speed and blindness immunity you can jump between buildings in Vivec. I have such fond memories of that game.

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD I MISS THAT! That was my biggest let down in Oblivion, not being able to jump like that!

It was always funny how in Oblivion the best way to level up your Acrobatics/Athletics/whatever it was was to just jump everywhere you went.

The person in the video is going down a hill. The time it takes to travel up in the air is going to be less than the time it takes to travel back down to the ground because as the person travels forwards in the air, the ground becomes further away from them. This makes it appear like they are floating or flying, but it's really just taking longer to fall down because the person is going down a hill.

Actually, you can do this yourself in real life. Just go hiking, find a steep, downhill path and take a long-jump forward. You will fall significantly longer than on flat ground. Its a lot of fun!

Side effects may include broken bones, torn ligaments, torn tendons, ruptured organs, spinal damage, cuts, bruises, heart failure and helping prove Darwin correct.

The person in the video is going down a hill. The time it takes to travel up in the air is going to be less than the time it takes to travel back down to the ground because as the person travels forwards in the air, the ground becomes further away from them. This makes it appear like they are floating or flying, but it's really just taking longer to fall down because the person is going down a hill.

I think the confusion here isn't because people don't understand what is going on in the video. It's because what's going on in the video is just plain stupid.

I'm surprised no one is remembering Icarian Flight. You could hope from city to city, ballistic missile style. Potions of jump, and/or mods to enhance that jump..... yeah. Made one jump from south Vardenfel to north once.

Actually, you can do this yourself in real life. Just go hiking, find a steep, downhill path and take a long-jump forward. You will fall significantly longer than on flat ground. Its a lot of fun!

Side effects may include broken bones, torn ligaments, torn tendons, ruptured organs, spinal damage, cuts, bruises, heart failure and helping prove Darwin correct.
You forgot mega herpes.

I had some feather weight rings on my Oblivion character and it really amplified that floating affect.. I had to watch it on steep slopes as I would get too far from the ground a lot and injure myself on landing.

Back