How to - Debezelled Portrait Surround Completed

Well I got my VG248QE's up and running. Been gaming intensely since I debezelled them. Ive found I have an urge for really fast paced games now. COD was on the rubbish heap but now its like new again and racing games are mad as. I have that GRID 2 its disappointing/boring but at the same time its fun. I made a video on me debezelling the monitors and mounting them. Im going to make some game play footage as well and share it.

How to debezel a ASUS VG248QE 144hz 3D monitor - Video

Very good work on doing a HOWTO video on debezelling a surround setup!

As we all know, TN 120Hz surround can sometimes outweigh the colors of IPS, if you're motion blur sensitive. The color shift isn't too bad provided you sit in the "sweet spot".

Nice. I will be doing the same thing with the same screens in a couple weeks here. I wish there was a better mounting solution.

EDIT: Or at least I WAS planning on doing it. Was just looking at my buddy's similar setup with a different set of TN panels and I couldn't handle the off-axis shift. Too much time spoiled by IPS I think!

Last edited:
I dont notice it. When gaming you certainly dont notice it. If you are sitting on the left side of your mate who is using the computer you will suffer but if you are on the right of him you will be fine. When mounting them they must be mounted all in the same orientation otherwise you will have these problems.

I will take some photos so others will know what you and I are talking about.

Back