How Old are you Console Gamers?

How Old are you Console Gamers on [H]Forums?

• 15 and below

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • 16-20

Votes: 64 18.9%
  • 21-25

Votes: 137 40.5%
  • 26-30

Votes: 69 20.4%
  • 31-35

Votes: 34 10.1%
  • 36-40

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • 41-45

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 46-50

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

Rash

2[H]4U
Im quite interested at how old you console users are on this forum....
Im 28

I'm 22 now but thinking of console age ranges it's pretty crazy... how our parents never played video games since they didn't have it when they were young. But now, since "our" generation grew up with a controller in hand it's like it's a part of us.
So I wonder if this trend will continue to the grave, like how many gamer parents there are gunna be (even though it's already getting more common), or gamer adults in general! That is if people remember to take the time off to play :eek:

stark said:
I'm 22 now but thinking of console age ranges it's pretty crazy... how our parents never played video games since they didn't have it when they were young. But now, since "our" generation grew up with a controller in hand it's like it's a part of us.
So I wonder if this trend will continue to the grave, like how many gamer parents there are gunna be (even though it's already getting more common), or gamer adults in general! That is if people remember to take the time off to play :eek:
I've been playing games on consoles since 1985 and before, counting the 2600.

My father always complained about my brother and I playing video games for hours at a time, yet he would sit hours on end watching TV. It never crossed his mind that sitting on your ass is sitting on your ass, I guess. His generation grew up in front of the TV, but didn't have video games until pong really, so TV was kosher to him, but video games were time wasters. Generation gaps are so weird.

With my kids, I'll definitely have a different view on gaming, and hopefully I'll still be salty enough to wax their ass at the occasional FPS, but I doubt it.

Oh yeah, I'm 28, just turned.

I also ponder how my kids are going to perceive our generations "greatest hits" or "golden oldies".

My parents had the Beach Boys and the Beatles, I've got Bone Thugs and Brittney Spears.

I'm 28. First PC was an IBM PCJr, and first console was an Atari 2600 "vader" edition

Im 24, i have a feeling most gamers are going to be between 21-28. The 90s is when gaming really took off for me. Memories of certain games are just stuck in my head and I have to go back and play them every now and then. Good Times....

Looking at the poll and some posts made by die hard sony fans, you'd think someone insulted your mother on her grave at the reactions you give when the Wii gets some praise or Sony gets bashed.

Act your damn age!

Play games, have fun! Why go and defend a faceless corporation over a freaking toy!???!! These are our toys dammit!

*off my soapbox and back to messing with my 400hp toy in the garage... need 600hp before 08...

I'm 27 and still loving it. Have a friend that is 31 and he does a lot of gaming as well.

Turned 18 last June.

Been playing since summer '91... so basically 15 years.

Still plays my Dreamcast since launch (9.9.99), but now mainly a PC gamer though it just depends on the game now.

Colecovision(SP) and 2600's started it for me. About 1976 I think. I've been gaming for 30 years. Longer then most of you are old. YIKES!

29 here. Been playing since the days of the Coleco/Intellivision/2600.
I think you'll get an older audience here at [H] just because it's an enthusiast site. Typically the means an older crowd with more disposable income. I bet if you did a poll at a console exclusive or even just a normal gaming site, you'd get a younger crowd.

Domingo said:
I bet if you did a poll at a console exclusive or even just a normal gaming site, you'd get a younger crowd.

....which is probably why [H] is one of the few forums I can tolerate these days. I've grown bitter in my old age and the young'ins tend to annoy me.

Xbox Live is like my own private hell.

who rly cares about age when playing games (i just dont like whiny 4-year olds on xbl) i just play games for the fun

PoweredBySoy said:
Xbox Live is like my own private hell.
Never have truer words been spoken, I'm still incredulous at the experience I had last night.

22 here.

PoweredBySoy, I just activated my Xbox Live account and I couldn't agree with you more. Simply put, there is just tons of predictable, adolescent activity.

Dark Assassin

35 and started on the 2600, then kind of got lost till I was in the army and found sega. I dont consider myself a hard core console person but I still have my sega nomad, original ps1 from launch day, dreamcast, PS2 and PSP. I am mostly a computer gamer.

Back