How much did you pay for your X800XT?

CDW, $457 for XT, July shipdate.
. :D (I'm in no rush to get it, I'm too broke to pay Visa). :D

I work at microcenter which is a computer store similar to best buy or compusa but much better selection. I get products at the stores cost plus 5%. I bought a x800pro for $330 with tax. Then i will be selling it over the next week for that price and I just purchased a x800xt for $380 with tax and just picked it up yesterday. Pays off to work at a computer store!! :D

jacuzz1 said:
I suspect that if you had the 400+ you would gladly bend over as well.

If I had the $400 "laying around" for one of these I would bend over...twice! :D

FlyinBrian said:
for everyone saying CDW expected ship date is july 6th, your wrong, it was pushed to the 16th, the sales rep said it wasnt anything of their doing, the manufacturer just havent produced the cards yet...

Blastphomy, you lie like a rug, burn him, burn him at the stake!!!!!!!!!!!

FlyinBrian said:
for everyone saying CDW expected ship date is july 6th, your wrong, it was pushed to the 16th, the sales rep said it wasnt anything of their doing, the manufacturer just havent produced the cards yet...

Gateway's got it on 15th-16th as well, so maybe it's true... :D

Doesn't matter. I cancelled my order. I'm tired of this horseshit. I'll buy a X800XTPE (or maybe a 6800UE when the FarCry patch and SM3.0 bs is settled) when its on a store shelf waiting for me. :mad:

$517.02, incl. shipping (no tax). Due to ship between 7/7 and 7/9. Already have ramsinks and mods ready for it. :D

Thanks, I'll need it. I have a backup plan, anyway...I can always wait for it to hit shelves (like you) and get a BB discount from my cousin (~20%). Better than nothing. :D

It really is a pain to get one of these cards. :(

Just FYI... I called outpost a few days ago, asked when they were expecting X800 XTs in... they said Jul. 5th. I asked if he really said July 5th... he did. I then asked if I placed an order, if they suspected they would have enough to make it to even my name. He promised me, if they got them on the 5th, they would have at least enough to ship to people ordering on that day. I'll see.

I know Asus is backed up until like mid-July, but I think part of that has to do with their cooling issue...and also they're not ATI. I'm hearing from a lot of places that the "real" shipments are due the first week of July, but I'm not holding my breath.

The place I ordered it claimed a shipment was due at the end of June, but that ATi pushed that back a week or so. The shipment is supposed to contain "hundreds" of cards, so that would be nice. But again...good luck to all you guys on pre-orders. :D

I paid $680USD for mine, purchased more than three weeks ago at a retail shop here in Tokyo. I bought the XT-PE to replace my (then) month-old X800 Pro, which I also purchased locally, for about $520.

Everything is expensive in Tokyo (it is currently the world's most expensive city) so the big price tags didn't bother me too much, anyway it was nice being among the first few people to have both cards ... and it has sure as hell been nice playing all my games at high res with max AF+AA for the past two months ...

What do you guys think about the new "SLI cards" Nvidia has just announced they'll be bringing out?
You know, like the old 3DFX "Voodoo" cards in the old days, when Voodoo was king of video cards. In those days you had 2 Voodoos in your PC-----and first card drew even-numbered lines and 2nd card drew odd-numbered lines.
:D .wow, was that a fast video card setup!! It ruled !! :D
Maybe I should cancel my XT order at CDW and wait for these new Nvidia "SLI" cards?? Your opinions?

well, the SLI's havn't proved thier performance yet, and also, you need to buy 2 of the cards so double the price...

Rim said:
What do you guys think about the new "SLI cards" Nvidia has just announced they'll be bringing out?
You know, like the old 3DFX "Voodoo" cards in the old days, when Voodoo was king of video cards. In those days you had 2 Voodoos in your PC-----and first card drew even-numbered lines and 2nd card drew odd-numbered lines.
:D .wow, was that a fast video card setup!! It ruled !! :D
Maybe I should cancel my XT order at CDW and wait for these new Nvidia "SLI" cards?? Your opinions?

Why?

Spend $400 to get a x800xt, or a $1000 to get a new system to run $1000 in video cards.

Seems like this SLI infatuation is similar to those who love having dual-proc systems. I have nothing against it whatsoever, I just think when you cross-over to that territory it is no longer a hobby...but rather it becomes an obsession. I mean if one top card isn't good enough for you, then you're in la-la land or something...the cost is just ridiculous. I can barely justify buying an X800 XT (trust me, I had doubts about whether I really deserved it or not) as it is.

Paid the regular MSRP of $499.95 for my x800xt PE over two weeks ago. Most I've ever paid for a single video card ($550 for two 12mb V2's back in '98 doesn't count), but I figured the jump from my 9800Pro was enough to justify it. Hopefully I'll be satisfied with it for the next 1.5-2 years without having to upgrade again.

I payed $375 for an x800 pro box. Yeah I just bought the box. I pay good money for boxes, if you have any I am willing to buy! Read here if you want a good laugh.

I pre ordered my X800 XT PE from Gateway for $434.00 I also overnighted for 18 bucks extra, now the question is will it be honored? My arrival date is 07/13/2004 so only time will tell..

Getting it from CDW as I've heard horrible things about Gateway and CDW is next cheapest. Go 460 bucks!

FlyinBrian said:

I called Fri July 2nd and talked to 2 different reps. Both said two official dates released from ATI, July 6th and July 9th. I dont know who you talked to, but I would call back.

I pre-ordered from Gateway today, $433.85, probably wont get it it for 4-6 weeks.
But to me the deal was too great to pass up...expecially since I dont have a job right now.
(I can live off of Top Ramen and Counter Strike) ;)

Got a preorder from cdw, verified with them that it will be a Retail BBA X800XT-PE, $491 with fedex overnight morning (I guess thats even faster than normal overnight?) shipping, now hopefully the damn thing will get here sometime this month :rolleyes:

Well...my order from Best Buy in regards to the x800xt platinum edition was finally processed today!! :rolleyes: But coming from the fact that I ordered the product on May 18th...I don't know if I should be surprised or what! lol.

kuyaglen said:
I pre-ordered from Gateway today, $433.85, probably wont get it it for 4-6 weeks.
But to me the deal was too great to pass up...expecially since I dont have a job right now.
(I can live off of Top Ramen and Counter Strike) ;)

Maybe you should cancel it and hang on to that cash, then...

I was one of the preorder for $398 guys...

The day after i ordered, Gateway's online price shot up to $499

Today, The X800 XT is no longer even listed on their website!

Could this be curtains for our orders?

Escher said:
You'll all hate me.

I paid $310 even for the card. Being a registered ATI developer has it's benefits. 40% off retail! w00t!!!

I'm with you brother! I'm so happy right now! :D

has anyone...that ordered the x800xt platinum edition from Gateway....actually received their cards yet? I know some people ordered them sometime early june...I was just curious if anyone has received them yet. Btw...my card was shipped from best buy today...so I should receive it here in the next few days :)

Got mine around June 15 I think. $499 + 20 or so in sales tax + 20 for overnight shipping

$540 total, really glad I jumped on it for the supply is terrible and Doom 3 is NEAR.

I have a BB employee werkin' on getting me a card. He's gonna try and get one delivered to the store so I can go in and pick it up directly. So it'll be $540. Whenever it gets here.

Back