How many of you are using wireless mechanical keyboard and are you happy w/ it?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I remember a few yr. ago, there is ?? problem so the industry cannot make mechanical that is wireless. Did the IT industry fix whatever that problem was? and is a wireless MX keyboard just as good as a wired MX keyboard?

also what brand are you people using?

The Razor Pro Type Ultra has good potential. But I don't understand why there is such a wide opinion, from the 1 star to the 5 star, a lot of very extreme view. I wonder why

https://www.amazon.ca/product-revie...e=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've seen a couple for sale, but there isn't as much demand for high end wireless keyboards as there are mice.

Corsair and Logitech's wireless keyboards cost $50 to even $100+ more than their wired equivalents.
All the LEDs on a keyboard use a lot of energy, so the batteries don't last nearly as long as on a mouse if you want it lit up.

For 99% of people the only benefit of a wireless keyboard is asthetics. No cord on the desk.
With a mouse removing the cord means no incosnistent resistance caused by the force of the wire, but a wireless high end keyboard gives no competitive advantage at all.

Also wireless is hard to do. The only company that had really good wireless mouse tech was Logitech for 10+ years. They have less latency than most companies wired mice.
A lot of companies have inferior wireless mice, but tt's easy to hide wireless problems for a mouse.
If a frame or two gets lost while you move your mouse you'll just be a few pixels off and most people don't even notice, especially when the sensor isn't even that good to begin with.
With a keyboard wireless technology is much harder to do right. If the signal for a pressing key doesn't go through you'll notice. And adding extra latency to fix those issues isn't an acceptable compromise for gaming keyboards.

So to sum it up, very few choices out there compared to wired. They cost way more money than the wired and you have to deal with charging it and and potential wireless interference.

Getting a wireless keyboard is prettty stupid IMO. Unless you want it for couch gaming on the TV.

I have two Bluetooth mechanical keyboards. Aside from charging every 3rd day or so they have been fine in terms of functionality. The first one I got from mechanicalkeyboards.com was returned because the x key didn't work.

ive been using a g915 tkl lightspeed for a few months now. no problems. i feel the keys arent as nice as other keyboards, but no lag.

I also spent a lot of time going thru the internet. Not a lot of choices. The keyboard is not for me, it's for a client

ditto. too expensive. I don't believe in such a thing as water proof keyboard

ditto. too expensive. I don't believe in such a thing as water proof keyboard
... Where did you get the idea it's water proof? It absolutely isn't.
Gasket Mounted has to do with how the PCB is installed, gives the keyboard a premium feel.

Keychron makes several wireless mechanical keyboards at pretty good prices. I just ordered their new wired S1 with low profile red Gateron switches.

Last edited:
Reactions: xx0xx
like this
I want this Corsair K100 Air but it's sooo expensive at $279 + Tax.
1676173458625.png

Keychron makes several wireless mechanical keyboards at pretty good prices. I just ordered their new wired S1 with low profile red Gateron switches.
I just saw this brand the other week. Who on earth is Keychron? I never seen this name on places like Newegg until recently

I remember a few yr. ago, there is ?? problem so the industry cannot make mechanical that is wireless. Did the IT industry fix whatever that problem was?
I've been using Logitech's G613 KB's for over 5 years now, which is mechanical + wireless + bluetooth, so I'm not sure where you heard about this so-called problem ???

And they normally sell for ~$80 nowadays, but were only ~$59 back in 2018, when I bought 6 of them, and I still have 2 of them brand new in the boxes....

I want this Corsair K100 Air but it's sooo expensive at $279 + Tax.
View attachment 548437
Had it and returned it. I bought it at $200 at best buy if you're a member. Just didn't feel like it was worth the money. If your put a membrane low profile next to it and blindfolded me, I would have a hard time telling the difference. It's not clicky and has some resistance I think that's why. But other than that it is a nice keyboard but for the money not worth it.

Back