How many licenses in Vista Ultimate ?

Gaiden133

[H] Ninja
Following up on my thread here about reinstalling vista ultimate;

I had a friend tell me that you can only install Vista Ultimate once?

I have this Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Full Version .

So basically, its installed on my WD 320GB hard drive right now, and I "thought", I could basically put in my raptor, make sure my computer boots off the raptor, insert the vista CD, and install the 64 bit OS again. And then later reformat the other 320gb drive.. does this not work?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah I use to do that with XP. I would do a fresh install like every 6 months or so.. I reactivated so many times I had to phone activation support every fresh install. :D

So I don't have to "deactivate" it or anything on my current setup?

How will it know that my other thing is wiped?

So I don't have to "deactivate" it or anything on my current setup?

How will it know that my other thing is wiped?

There is no Deactivation or anything. All Microsoft really tracks is activations.
Which means the second time you install it you may be required to call in (doubt it though- as it would only be the second time)... Just tell them you are reinstalling it, it's the only computer you are using it on. Easy. Takes 6 minutes.

There is no Deactivation or anything. All Microsoft really tracks is activations.
Which means the second time you install it you may be required to call in (doubt it though- as it would only be the second time)... Just tell them you are reinstalling it, it's the only computer you are using it on. Easy. Takes 6 minutes.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Why reinstall onto the raptor? just use Ghost or another imaging app and be done in ~10 min

I can Definitly tell you that Vista will let you have 2 Activations on the key before you have to start "Calling" and getting assistance with Activation. It was designed that way on Purpose by Microsoft.

Back