How loud is Freezer 7 Pro?

earl grey

n00b
Considering getting this since alot of people have it. A big thing I have with computers is quietness. The video card is fanless so that wouldnt contribute to the sound level. If it is pretty loud are there any fanless solutions for a e8400? Basically what is a good quiet cooler. There may be some overclocking in the distant future.

What is really nice about the Arctic is that it comes with the 4 pin PWM controlled fan like the stock heatsink so the board will run the fan just fast enough to keep the cpu inside the Intel recommended thermal envelope. I was very impressed at how quiet it was. However if you do more than a mild OC you will probally want/need to force the fan to run at 100% speed (unless you get an Abit board which has some fantastic fan control settings) which does make the fan audible but not a major annoyance (but that is very subjective).

If you truly are very concerned with quiet, I would suggest one of the big towers with a med speed fan with a fan controller (even just a simple fan mate 2 ) You can then with the fan controller "dial in" the noise vs temp vs OC compromise that suits YOU the best.

Just got mine today and it works great, and like everyone says, at >%70 it is pretty much silent over my entire case. At 100% it does get a tad annoying as the RPMs really rev up but anything below it is tolerable ;)

Mine is keeping a Q6600 @ 3GHz decently cool and very quiet. Great HSF for the price.

Arctic Cooling has a great product. Had the Arctic Freezer 64 Pro for the s939's and that one was silent, because I could only hear the case fans (tried turning off the case fans, and I'd end up hearing the PSU fan). No doubt the Arctic Freezer 7 will perform excellently.

But if you do want to do some oc'ing, and maintain quietness, you could opt for a Thermalright ultra 120 extreme with a 120mm fan with a fan controller, so you can control the amount of airflow/noise.

Totally silent with a 45w heatload... AKA, less than 20dba.

At 2200rpm though, it hits a good 38dba.

This is a great product if you want a good mix of value and quiet. I too cannot stand a noisy box and this works great for me. I rarely hear it unless it is under a large load in a game and then even rarely.

It's a very good HS+fan choice if you want low noise and are only mildly OC'ing. It's definitely quieter than the Intel stock HSF, and it cools the CPU somewhat (but not dramatically) better.

I have a mild OC (25% FSB) on my system (E6600 running at 333FSB), and my load CPU core temps are around 57C. The CPU fan speed gets up to around 900 rpm (I just use the BIOS auto control, and the fan never gets near 100%)--it's virtually un-noticeable compared to the GPU fan. I imagine if you really needed more CPU cooling and ran the fan at 100%, the noise would be noticeable.

Also, installation is a snap (literally).

Back