how is the 6800gt performance in oblivion?

kevin1211

Gawd
sorry to create another oblivion thread. But yeah, i might buy oblivion. How is the performance with a 6800gt? is it really sluggish? and as a result, do you have to have a lot of settings turned down? also, pics would be nice with the current settings you use and the framerates you get. thanks.

I use a 6800GT with a amd 64 3200

I run at 1280 x 1024

bloom and 4x AA

looks good i have most things turned up but have shadows on low and trees cut down alittle

coolbits frame ahead 3-0 helped alot

runs very good currently not bad for 2 year old system.
I have 2 gig's of ram also which is helping i'm sure with my page file on a seperate drive.

run 25 to 49 fps only fog is slower but stil very playabel have had many fight sin fog withotu issues.

always stays greta in cities and dungeons 35 to 40 fps

It automatically set my video settings to high. I then upped the resolution to 1650x1080 with 4xAA and Bloom. I left the sliders at deafult. Gameplay is very smooth too!

[EDIT] I take that back. It was VERY smoot while INSIDE. However once I hit the outdoors - artifacting galore! I'm now at 1280x1024, 2xAA, bloom lighting. Sliders on the "high" default.

Can you tell me if you are able to run the game in windowed mode at 1280x800 for my 19'' CRT? Thanks.

Poor mans wide screen :p

Specs in sig. I run at 1600x1200 with all draw distances maxed (tree,grass) . Soft shadows, tree canopy shadows are off. Runs real nice, dont know about the fps though.

Don't worry - tour 6800GT will run it fine. My 6600GT does a decent job even.

dajet24 said:
I use a 6800GT with a amd 64 3200

I run at 1280 x 1024

bloom and 4x AA

looks good i have most things turned up but have shadows on low and trees cut down alittle

coolbits frame ahead 3-0 helped alot

runs very good currently not bad for 2 year old system.
I have 2 gig's of ram also which is helping i'm sure with my page file on a seperate drive.

run 25 to 49 fps only fog is slower but stil very playabel have had many fight sin fog withotu issues.

always stays greta in cities and dungeons 35 to 40 fps

How do I use that coolbits command? I am using 1024x768 on my system and it still kinks every once in a while. My 6800GT is at 350/1000 though otherwise I get heating issues for some reason.

Mine is running 1024x768 with HDR and it run pretty well for me.

With an A64 3000+ and 2 gigs of ram it runs pretty well, with everything but textures and HDR cranked up at 1024x768. It chokes when lots of people are on screen though.

KillerMonkey said:
With an A64 3000+ and 2 gigs of ram it runs pretty well, with everything but textures and HDR cranked up at 1024x768. It chokes when lots of people are on screen though.

I'm similar but with 1GB of RAM. However, my card is an XFX 6800 (vanilla) that I've unlocked and overclocked. I'd say that the game runs fine, but I'm not a stickler for perfection--so I'm okay with framerate drops every now and again. Mind you, I wouldn't be adverse to a new 7600GT or something either. ;)

carl67lp said:
I'm similar but with 1GB of RAM. However, my card is an XFX 6800 (vanilla) that I've unlocked and overclocked. I'd say that the game runs fine, but I'm not a stickler for perfection--so I'm okay with framerate drops every now and again. Mind you, I wouldn't be adverse to a new 7600GT or something either. ;)

Yes, i do get the occassional frame drops in some cases (mostly outside).

im using a evga 6800gt and i have all the settings turned all the way up with 2x AA and it runs great, you can feel its a bit slow but i am also going to be upgrading to a 7900gtx but dont worry the 6800gt can handke it great

Back