How is Macmall

ipam45

Gawd
i;m about to buy my first Macbook and i;m planning to order from Macmall, well like the title says, How are they? i heard about problems with them handing out rebates with couple of my items would have. anyone else had any issues?

The one time I ordered from them I had a an issue with the item. It simply didnt work.

When I tried to return it, the jerk on the phone gave me a major attitude.

Haven't bought from them since.

Any reason why you want to buy from MacMall? Plenty of places sell MacBooks.

They were a pain in the arse to buy from. I bought a Macbook Pro from them about 8 months ago, and it took me 3 hours to get them to verify the purchase on my debit card. They called me on all 3 of my phone numbers to verify and such.

All in all, I think it is great that they have such a strict verification policy, but they are a bit much. Shipping was fast as well.

Oh and the only reason I bought from them was that it was when the new 2.4GHz Macbook Pros were released and they were one of the only places that had them in stock. Otherwise I would have ordered from Apple.

they do not require sales for my state, while other sites do. which comes back to about 100 dollars plus change.

why is that anyways?

is the debit verification really difficult, cause then i would cancel the order and order with my credit card. and how the hell do you cancel a freaking order? this site is getting on my nerves. and actually do you guys reccomend to order from anywhere else? what is the best online seller other than the apple store its self?

No, it's all card orders. It's up to the company wether or not to charge sales tax. Basically, if they have an actual store in your state, then they are obligated to charge you sales tax. I didn't get charged tax, and I am in Arkansas.

is the debit verification really difficult, cause then i would cancel the order and order with my credit card. and how the hell do you cancel a freaking order? this site is getting on my nerves. and actually do you guys reccomend to order from anywhere else? what is the best online seller other than the apple store its self?

Macconnection.com has always been great for me.

Newegg sells Apple stuff too.

I actually bought my MacBook from Amazon. So check those guys out as well.

another one has joined the dark side

a disturbance in the force follows this one.

ahhh amazon just started the 75 dollar rebate...amazon it is. how do you cancel macmall orders?...never ordering there again.

yeah i saw that too that's why i turned away. now i have no idea how to cancel those order but it says that they will suspend it farther if i don;t respond so i guess i;ll work it out later. seems like they are a deceptive practice but was just smart enough to find the loopholes and it looks like this company have been having problems in the past, i wonder how they are still in business. and hopefully apple is aware cause it;s not exactly a good reflect on apple either. rebate on free shipping?...

yeah i saw that too that's why i turned away. now i have no idea how to cancel those order but it says that they will suspend it farther if i don;t respond so i guess i;ll work it out later. seems like they are a deceptive practice but was just smart enough to find the loopholes and it looks like this company have been having problems in the past, i wonder how they are still in business. and hopefully apple is aware cause it;s not exactly a good reflect on apple either. rebate on free shipping?...

Keep an eye on your credit card charges. They could still charge you some bullshit fee, or worse yet, the entire order.

when I worked in AppleCare had somebody call in because they had just purchased an iBook from them but it didn't come with any of the current software. They had gone on the Apple site and saw what ours came with, saw the price and purchased from Macmall...turns out they got a 'deal' on the previous version of the iBook and as such he wasn't happy when I told him he would have to go back to Macmall and discuss it with them...VARs do have their place..just be sure to see what their return policies are BEFORE you buy!

update: i didn;t get any email but from their "check order status" it showed that they have canceled my order but in my checking statement it shows that the money is still pending, it's not cleared but still pending. but i think these things take time so i'm gonna wait another 24 hours before contacting them about it.

everything is fixed and the new on is coming on Monday, it was delivered Friday but i wasn't there to get it. thanks to everyone that has offered advice.

at least now we all know not to order from them.

Apple Store Online and go through the educational store [I think it's $100 off].

wow! I never knew MM had that kind of reputation. thank God I've never bought from them.

thanks for the heads up.

I always check resellerratings before buying anything.. even if i've had a good experience in the past. I love places that the consumer is the one stating THEIR experiences instead of a general "reviewer".

Back