how is diablo ii on battle.net?

onearmedscissor

Weaksauce
i've only played the single player before (not the expansion), and i lost the cds. so is it worth buying the battle chest to play online?

ive had tons and tons of fun playing on bnet, but its a lot different due to all the trading/hacks and wanting items, so u have to actually go around and 'magic find', if u wanted to keep the single player style, then no, but its definately very fun if u want to play with friends

i don't really care about the single player style, since i barely remember it because i haven't played for years. i just want a fun game. how does it compare to the average mmorpg? is there a lot of hacking on the regular battle.net? i have two friends who play, but do you think it would still be fun when they're not on? thanks.

u can easily find random people to play games with, but i wouldnt consider it as mmorpg cuz maxium is like 8 ppl in a game. and last time i played there were a lot of hacked items and what not, got a big ridiculous, but its still pretty fun.

i just gave my account away and it feels good to be away from that addiction, and yes there are a lot of people that maphacked, and used bots that would automatically pick up set/unique items, hacks that could maek your character teleport in town and pick up items (some cant be traded in the trade screen)

it was fun for awhile, but got tired of magic finding after awhile

playing warcraft3 now and a very happy with the decision

thanks for the info. i've been playing warcraft iii a lot lately too. diablo ii sounds fun but i don't want to get addicted, because i'm pretty busy with school and other things. also, the hacks sound pretty annoying.

I enjoyed D2 and the expansion for a while, stopped. Then started back up when 1.10 came out and that was fun. But I'm done again for now.

Wc3 is cool. Been playing a lot of xbox recently though.

I still play Diablo II, and enjoy it very much.. however, I only play solo on bnet, only because I want to see if I can get any of my characters up on the ladders :D

I still need to buy my own copy once again, for my other CDs disappeared, and I'm bummin off a friend's copy ;)

BNet is much easier than solo so you level way faster. I don't see too many hacks besides maphack anymore, but that doesnt affect your experience at all. Most frustrating thing about playing on Bnet is that everyone else has tons of cool items and you probably don't. All-in-all it's fun to start a character and take them up to level 80 to see how good a character build is.

Back