How is Dell UP3214Q for gaming?

Zorn

Limp Gawd
Anyone have or use a UP3214Q for gaming? Mostly curious if it's a good monitor for that use and if the IGZO panel makes a difference in quality? I have the opportunity to get one for about $1200 and trying to decide if I want to do that or not.

I wouldn't recommend it. It has 47+ms input lag which is high for a monitor. If you've used an IPS panel that's basically what you can expect from IGZO. Black levels are poor compared to VA, but good viewing angles. Also uses MST which causes some strange issues like booting up to a half screen and issues with sleep mode.

$1200 is a not a good price at all either there are other 32" options with less input lag and don't use MST like the Acer B6 B326HK which costs less at $1100. I actually wouldn't pay more than $500 for that Dell knowing all the issues it has.

I wouldn't recommend it. It has 47+ms input lag which is high for a monitor. If you've used an IPS panel that's basically what you can expect from IGZO. Black levels are poor compared to VA, but good viewing angles. Also uses MST which causes some strange issues like booting up to a half screen and issues with sleep mode.

$1200 is a not a good price at all either there are other 32" options with less input lag and don't use MST like the Acer B6 B326HK which costs less at $1100. I actually wouldn't pay more than $500 for that Dell knowing all the issues it has.

I thought I read those issues were fixed with the A01 firmware though?

Maybe they were. Still, with MST you run the risk of future drive updates from NV/AMD breaking things, since it is partially supported by software - although I've read that the NV 900 series handles MST in hardware. But still it is just really hard to recommend with so many SST options out now.

Back