How High Can you go on mobile voltage??

SquiDDy

Limp Gawd
how high can i crank this baby up with out damaging it??

im just wondering if they can handle higher voltages than standard

right now im at 1.65 at 2300 but it isnt the most stable, i think more voltage will solve it, and i want to see how high i can get it

i've people at 2.5V with proper cooling
the barton core is capable of taking a shitload of voltage withotu dying like Intel's

if you have proper cooling don't hesitate to up that!
if you want to be conservative, do at least 1.85 but I would go 2.1v if you have proper cooling

SP-97 + Tornado 92mm for exemple

The 80mm SmartFan 2 can handle 2.2 volts with my SLK 900A. Sure my load temps were almost 60, but hey.

gigabyte 3D Cooler at full speed i'd say
about 55$CDN so i guess approx 30$US

As a general guideline 1.85 for air, 2.0 for water and 2.2 for phase change cooling.

Well you could be stupid like me and try this.

hs_sml.jpg

That's on air. A crapcano9 actually. Mind you, I didn't have it at that for long!:eek:

Originally posted by Dude

that's a rather appropriate sig.... :)

Anyway,
if you can keep it cool, the copper interconnects will protect you much better than the old Al ones did from things like electromigration (which can still happen at any temp, and is more likely as you increase the voltage). If you're going to throw the chip out in a year or so, just keep it stable and you're ok.
If this is something you might want to toss in the corner as a media server, router, firewall, toy box for 4, 5, 6 years, I would never push the volage beyond 1.9V.

If you push the core beyond it's design limits (2.0V) you do signifigantly reduce the life of the chip, even if it's properly cooled.

Originally posted by TheGamerZ
Dude: is that stable? What are your RAM timings? I had mine at that speed once but wasn't stable by a long shot. Since then I've gotten a better fan and might try it again.

SquiDDy: get this: http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/thx2chvrfank.html

Works great and only $18
:)

Most likely not, but I didn't actually prime it as it was already at 48C at idle.:eek: It is stable at 2700 and about 52C load. My timings are 11-2-2-2, Mushkin 222 Special (BH-6 I think). I'm getting a new PSU and SP-97 tomorrow; those should help greatly with stability. I got that screenie on a friggin turbolink PSU.

Yeah I'd agree with the 1.9VCore on air guideline, unless you have truly extreme cooling. I personally keep it below 1.85 because >60 Celsius under load makes me nervous and fidgety.

SquiDDy: sorry for such a late response. You could just add that fan to your current heatsink and it would be OK... but if you want great performance for a pretty low price, get this: http://www.svc.com/thslcl.html

It may seem a little much to pay, but if you use it you'll see why :)

now good is that compared to the one i linked to? is it realy that much better?

and what fan should i get for it?

This is a question for (theGamerZ)

The link you gave squiddy on that THERMALRIGHT SLK-900(A) CLIP-ON

Now what's the difference with the heatpipe version of this heatsink, I had someone tell me how bad it was, now what really is the difference. The only thing different about this heatsink are the pipes that they added.

svcompucycle_1783_56314618

Back